Looking for Delta Green players, Infrno/Skype

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Looking for Delta Green players, Infrno/Skype

Post by EddyPo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:35 pm

This is your invitation to a night at the opera! I'm looking for 2 to 3 players willing to take on the roles of Delta Green agents in an online Call of Cthulhu game. I'll be using the Infrno site for maps, handouts, and die rolls, and Skype for audio. Also, I intend to record the game so players would need to be okay with that.

The scenario I'd like to run is 'Last Things Last', a shotgun scenario by Bret Kramer, and I expect it to be completed in one sitting. If things go well, I hope to string a series of the shotgun scenarios into a mini-campaign.

I'm looking at an evening start time generally, but we can schedule a day and time when I get an idea of who would like to play.

Reply to this post, or pm me, if you are interested or have any questions.

Best regards.

Ed
Not a hack!

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
Re: Looking for Delta Green players, Infrno/Skype

Post by Nvision » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:23 am

Volunteering for duty! I'm running a DG game today, but I've yet to play in one, so I hope to test my mettle against those things that go bump in the night.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Great Nvision! Welcome aboard. I've also gotten interest from a Skype of Cthulhu player, Shannon, who plays Curley in the Big Sky Country scenario. The two of you would be enough, but let's wait a couple more days to see if we get any one else and then I'll email everyone to check on their availability. In general I'm thinking about running this game 2-3 weeks from now. In the meantime you can put together your DG character. The only restriction is that he/she should be an actual DG agent and not a friendly.
Not a hack!

jovial1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by jovial1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:06 pm

I might be interested - though I haven't ever played before in any type of game. DG is on my list of books to purchase.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:37 am

Hey Jovial1!

No previous experience needed. I'd love it if you'd join the cell. I think Last Things Last would be a great intro for you. I'll contact all possible players privately now for further details.
Not a hack!

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Does Delta Green have just one version of the rules? Is it similar to the 5th edition CoC? What year is the core rules for Delta Green from? Is the setting for Delta Green the 1990s.....America?

jovial1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by jovial1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:57 am

EddyPo wrote:Hey Jovial1!

No previous experience needed. I'd love it if you'd join the cell. I think Last Things Last would be a great intro for you. I'll contact all possible players privately now for further details.
Sounds good! I'll probably pick up DG this week, and start brainstorming character ideas, etc.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Howard wrote:Does Delta Green have just one version of the rules? Is it similar to the 5th edition CoC? What year is the core rules for Delta Green from? Is the setting for Delta Green the 1990s.....America?
My understanding is that there are Delta Green sourcebooks for use with CoC rules as well as D20. I'll be using 6e CoC for the game I'll be running. I think the original Delta Green book came out in 1992. Obviously it was written as a modern era sourcebook at the time, although DG scenarios don't need to be anchored to the 90s for any reason. There will be a new Delta Green RPG book coming out in the near future that will be its own rulebook as well as bring DG into the current age.
Not a hack!

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks. I have seen some DG books, but sourcebook was on the front in stead of rulebook. This version sounds more action/pulp style.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Howard wrote:Thanks. I have seen some DG books, but sourcebook was on the front in stead of rulebook. This version sounds more action/pulp style.
And just to be clear, the previous DG books are indeed sourcebooks, the DG book that will come out will be its own RPG altogether (although I gather it wont be far off from BRP rules).

Regarding action/pulpy, I'd like to know what other people here think about that. I feel DG is generally more purist than pulpy in nature. But I know what you're getting at. Most of the players will bring some fire power with them. Obviously, it won't do them a damn bit of good. :lol:
Not a hack!