Seeking new players to CoC (reply by March 24th)

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor
Seeking new players to CoC (reply by March 24th)

Post by Shannon Mac » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:28 am

Hello all,

I am going to run a CoC scenario for beginners that can be done in 4-5 hours, preferably in one session. Because of flexibility with my time I’d prefer to do this within 30 days of the post, the sooner the better.

The gaming platform will be RollD20 and Skype for voice chat. I prefer Skype because it requires less bandwidth than Hangouts and it always seems I get a player or two with weak connections who have issues. This is less of an issue on Skype.

Since a lot of you are scattered over the world I suspect this game will be Friday through Sunday but we’ll see. I am in California on PDT which is -07:00 UTC according to this link:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_ ... US-CA.aspx

I will be running from afternoon to 4am my time (night owl here).

Details of the two games are below. Please answer these questions in the thread or send to me. I have a preference for players who have not played ANY Cthulhu or very little of it.

The idea is to expose some people to the game who otherwise never have the opportunity to experience it. That said, there may be some allowances.
There is a small chance I will run both of these scenarios if there is overwhelming evidence.

Please get back to me no later than Thursday morning (my time) March 24th 2016.

Here are the questions. Feel free to answer them in the thread or PM them to me. If you have additional questions not answered in this thread feel free to shoot them over:

1. Do you know how you compare in time zone to me? Do you fit the range? If not are you okay staying up late or getting up early?
2. What’s your interest in wanting to learn and play CoC?
3. Are you okay in playing either scenario? Do you have a preference?
4. Do you have any hard limits on what you don’t want to see in a horror game that I should be aware of? Things you want to see?
5. You get you need to download Skype for chat? Roll20 does not require an account but it helps.
6. Anything else you wish to put out there?

Thanks for answering the questions. I am looking forward to meeting some of you.

Game System: Call of Cthulhu 6E and 7E
Scenario Name: Dockside Dogs
GM: Shannon Mac (scenario by Paul Fricker)
Variations: 6E character sheets but 7E rules
Power Level: 1995 suit and tie gangsters
Number of Players: 6 of 6 player seats are available
Characters provided? Yes

DESCRIPTION: this was supposed to be a simple heist.

A group of well-dressed criminals arrive at a warehouse to rendezvous after pulling off an extraordinary crime. They know each other only by their pseudonyms - Mister Black, Mister Red, Mister Green, Mister Purple, Mister Beige, Mister Silver, Mister Grey.

The plan is simply to sit tight until midnight when someone will arrive to ferry them - and the loot - across the bay to make a final delivery to the boss. Sounds easy, right?
But things take a turn for the weird; strange things happen in and around the warehouse. Things which make the criminals doubt the allegiances of the compatriots, their own sanity, and ultimately the very nature of reality.

It is going to be a long wait for the ferryman.

NOTE: this game may have player vs player scenes so be okay with it. Unlike many COC scenarios I have run this one is extremely player driven.

Game System: Call of Cthulhu 7E
Scenario Name: Dead Light
GM: Shannon Mac (scenario by Alan Bligh)
Variations: Very minor
Power Level: fragile fleshies in 1925 Arkham area
Number of Players: 4 seats are available
Characters provided? Varies (you can make your own or get a pregen)

DESCRIPTION: On a dark and stormy night... here's a chance to spring a sudden and horrifying Mythos event on your Investigators as they're scurrying through the rain on a rural road just outside of Arkham. Suitable for a one off game or as a side-adventure to throw into your regular campaign, it involves the party quite literally running into a chain of unnatural nightmarish events that threaten both their sanity and their very lives.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Seeking new players to CoC (reply by March 24th)

Post by Shannon Mac » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:12 am

This game is filled up. Feel free to PM as I may do it again.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/