Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
MikeM
Sophmore
Sophmore
Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition

Post by MikeM » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Hi

If you are a backer, please check your email as an important update has just been released.

Thanks

Mike
Mike D Mason
Call of Cthulhu Line Editor, Chaosium Inc.

fallingtower
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition

Post by fallingtower » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:27 am

Sweet Chaosium changed the horrid gun artwork from the first draft that I complained about....I shall be able to sleep tonight! Pg 118 if yer curious.
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft

Cthuhugh
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Cthuhugh » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:35 am

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that my name would be in the CoC core rulebook as a play-tester and backer,words can't express what a thrill it is seeing my name there.

Huge congrats to Dan being mentioned in both the Acknowledgments and the Clear Credit sections on page 4.

..oh..and the books are ok......kidding,Fantastic stuff Mike,Paul and everyone else involved.

And I totally take credit for being the "Hugh" in the skill roll box out....even if it isn't true!
Steve Highfield in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario. Fenton Beanland in the Call of Cthulhu "The Inheritor " scenario.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:57 am

Congrats to all who contributed!

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:57 am

fallingtower wrote:Sweet Chaosium changed the horrid gun artwork from the first draft that I complained about....I shall be able to sleep tonight! Pg 118 if yer curious.
Sadly the ::shudder:: picture of the "student" didn't get excised.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:46 pm

I for one have no problem with the wait for this. Wow, this is a pretty book. :book2:

I can see where the student in the Investigator's companion stands out. There are only two modern characters portrayed in the profession segment. The doctor on the first page spread and the student. She's kinda like seeing a Christmas tree on Tattooine. She seems a bit out of place. Oh well. Such small point is hardly a big deal, though.

I want to mention my thanks to Mike for letting me work on a couple of things in these. I'm deeply honored to be listed in the front as a content contributor.
Our next episode will be a nice long chat about these and going over some specific parts that are in them.
We'll not have an episode this coming weekend as it's a holiday here in the States, and we're all doing family stuff. The Holidays are a notorious schedule killer for endeavors like the podcast.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast