2014 Delta Green Shotgun Scenario Contest

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Koakai
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: 2014 Delta Green Shotgun Scenario Contest

Post by Koakai » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:44 am

I did Paper Tiger, , which was a silly attempt at folding Japanese Balloon bombs into Delta green. Once I had it written, I decided I didn't like it and should have written it differently.

The balloon bombs were kept top secret by the government as they did not word getting back to Japan that any were making it over to North America. If they knew, they could have used up some of the stockpiles of other armaments instead of the fire bombs and HE that were used. Strangely this secrecy led to the only deaths due to them as a church group make the mistake of approaching one stuck in a tree in Oregon and it killed six.

If I had to rewrite it I would use my favorite little Milita group, the PCMR and have them chasing after one that happens to be spotted when they are training. They were tasked with recovering them in order to ensure safety and figure out more about the capabilities of the Japanese to launch them. Having a group of rangers stumbling across a pissed off Japanese fire spirit and them death of the entire group to a 'training accident' is more delta greenish.
PH.D candidate -M.U. Western Annex

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:26 am

I just completed recording a game of Safe House, Dark with Jim from Skype of Cthulhu. I expect it'll hit the rotation soon. :D

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:I just completed recording a game of Safe House, Dark with Jim from Skype of Cthulhu. I expect it'll hit the rotation soon. :D
Nice!
Not a hack!

WinstonP
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by WinstonP » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Koakai wrote:I did Paper Tiger, , which was a silly attempt at folding Japanese Balloon bombs into Delta green.
You might want to check out my Shotgun scenario U.X.O from a couple years ago. :). I enjoyed your take as well.

Koakai
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Koakai » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:23 pm

WinstonP wrote:
Koakai wrote:I did Paper Tiger, , which was a silly attempt at folding Japanese Balloon bombs into Delta green.
You might want to check out my Shotgun scenario U.X.O from a couple years ago. :). I enjoyed your take as well.
Nice! I just checked it out. What actually inspired me to write this one was a similar scenario this summer. A pair of forestry surveyors stumbled across something quite like in your scenario. The ring and bomb were both still there.

http://infotel.ca/newsitem/unexploded-w ... by/it13681
PH.D candidate -M.U. Western Annex