Google+

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Google+

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Anybody here use Google's G+? I do, I like it better for my geek interests that Facebook. So, I'm just doing my thing, and I got a notice today that Ernie Gygax just added me to his circles... :ugeek:

:cthulhudance: :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance:
That deserves a conga line! :mrgreen:

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Google+

Post by EddyPo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:54 pm

NIce!

:cthulhudance: :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance:
Not a hack!

flashbackjuice
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by flashbackjuice » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:51 am

I haven't embraced Google+ yet, but I do have an account. I am becoming more and more taken with Google Hangouts as a way to game. I ran most of last sessions of DnD through roll20 and Google Hangouts, and I really like the fact that you can see the players. I used Skype for the begining sessions, but since I didn't pay for the video conferencing option, I couldn't see players. Overall, I like Google Hangouts a lot!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:14 am

I've done one game via Google Hangouts, and I'd do it again, certainly, but I don't think I need a dice rolling engine or moderation tool like roll20. We just rolled our own physical dice and were honest with the results.

flashbackjuice
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by flashbackjuice » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:20 am

Keeper Jon wrote:I've done one game via Google Hangouts, and I'd do it again, certainly, but I don't think I need a dice rolling engine or moderation tool like roll20. We just rolled our own physical dice and were honest with the results.
To be honest, we never used the dice engine at all in Roll20. I used it solely for the tiles and maps. Like you, we just had actual dice rolls off screen (you just can't beat the sound of dice rolling!).

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:07 am

I use Google+ primarily for gaming and have even said it a few times there. I think you stole my line. ;)

Gygax, huh? #HumbleBrag

:lol:
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

MikeM
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by MikeM » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:45 pm

I've played a few games in google hangouts, which works fine. I find the add-on dice stream works well - it rolls dice and puts the result on the screen.
Mike D Mason
Call of Cthulhu Line Editor, Chaosium Inc.

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Jon, I thought you had trouble using Google Hangouts with your computer. If that's not the case, maybe we should consider moving Dan's MAPS games away from Skype and onto Hangouts? Or maybe that would interfere with the recording. Any thoughts?
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Yes, I figured out what my problem with Google Hangouts was, my computer was nearly 98% full, so there was no free memory available to process a Google Hangouts connection. Now that my computer blew-up, and I have a new empty hard drive... well guess who has two thumbs and can finally use Google Hangouts?

THIS GUY!!! :cthulhu2:

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:58 am

Using g+ for all kinds of gaming talk & other things, sure anyone on the MU can feel free to add me.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/10587531894 ... osts/p/pub

Also comment on many of the Miskatonic University posts or at least +1 them & many things on the Cthulhu RPG Community so can find me there too.
Last edited by fox01313 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)