True Detective

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
True Detective

Post by EddyPo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:25 pm

So I've been looking forward to HBO's new series "True Detective". I'm a big fan of gritty neo-noir detective stories generally. Unfortunately I don't have HBO and I've been hoping it becomes available on iTunes. Alas not yet. Now I hear that there was a reference to The King in Yellow in the last episode. Is this going in the direction of a mythos investigation? Guess I'll be getting HBO...
Not a hack!

JMerrick
Freshman
Freshman
Re: True Detective

Post by JMerrick » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:01 pm

The detectives find the diary of a murder victim which references a King in Yellow and Carcosa. They didn’t really address the references yet. I don’t get the feeling that it the series will focus on Hastur mythos though. But if it did it would be great!

The Matthew McConaughey character can’t sleep and has Will Graham like hallucinations (well maybe not as extreme), so that's kind of interesting.
The unholy symbol of Tharizdun keeps poping up, but I don’t think they will travel to the Temple of Elemental Evil. But if they did…

The show is great though, so far. The occult stuff has kind of been written off by the main characters as the affectations of meth addicts, but some of the other characters in the series take it seriously. It might be interesting if the fundamentalist residents are right.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: True Detective

Post by EddyPo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Cool!

Either way I'm sure there's a lot of good stuff in this series for keepers use, with or without mythos.
Not a hack!