Help name a newborn Cthulhu

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
CthulhuDude
Sophmore
Sophmore
Help name a newborn Cthulhu

Post by CthulhuDude » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:40 am

Some attention-seeking whores of parents turned to the internet to have them name their child for them. Yeah, no kidding. Naturally it didn't take long before many joke names topped the list. The #1 name now is Cthulhu. Yes, Cthulhu. Now while I would feel sorry for their daughter if she was named Cthulhu, it would serve them right if Cthulhu won. So please, go here http://www.namemydaughter.com/, vote for Cthulhu, and let's make this happen.

:fhtagn: :cthulhu1: :cthulhu2: :cthulhudance:
“Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.” ― Robert Bloch

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: Help name a newborn Cthulhu

Post by fox01313 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Still mixed on if there's a person with this name, will have to see in time how it goes. I remember hearing back in college about one Lovecraft fan who decided to help teach his sister's new baby their first word of 'cthulhu'. Might be an easy thing with it being pretty much one vowel used. While this also would be fun, it might not be the greatest thing if you go with Hastur.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:27 pm

If you read the fine print, the parents have said that they have final veto rights. So, Cthulhu will probably not be her name. :(

But I would be careful if you go to the site, someone keeps attempting to do XSS attacks on it and are starting to succeed.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:28 pm

fox01313 wrote:Still mixed on if there's a person with this name, will have to see in time how it goes. I remember hearing back in college about one Lovecraft fan who decided to help teach his sister's new baby their first word of 'cthulhu'. Might be an easy thing with it being pretty much one vowel used. While this also would be fun, it might not be the greatest thing if you go with Hastur.
Hah! With aunties all gathered around cryong "Say it again! And again! So cute."
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers