If Cthulhu had been the first RPG scenario

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: If Cthulhu had been the first RPG scenario

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:04 pm

Shannon Mac wrote:You guys suck. Can't even do a what if scenario. :x
I think they missed the point of the query.

As for me, if Call of Cthulhu had been the first major RPG, I think the over-arching influence it would've cast into other games would be the concept of Sanity, or something similar to it. Some kind of mechanic that would track a character's mental health in the game that would pair with the hit points that obviously track the physical health of the character.

hastur
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by hastur » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:06 am

if Call of Cthulhu had been the first RPG... everything would be the same, because it was the first.

azathoth came to this cosmos because regular polyhedral dice were impossible in the geometries of its original dimension. the hounds of Tindalos played CoC before the world cooled, while a storm of fiery rock hurtled through the skies of the grey shore. the great minds of Yith came to earth to get in on the games which the elder things ran, and transmitted the game forward in time to their agents in the 20th century. the serpent people were taught CoC, but weren't any good at it and their empires crumbled. the mi-go came to earth to mine rare ores for making metal minis of cosmic horrors. the Call of Cthulhu echoes through all of space and time and zith and humans shouldn't be too proud of being able to play.

because you're all playing the wrong side. :twisted:
say it three times, girl
there's no tomorrow
and there's no today
say it three times
i'm not far away

i survived the Post GenCon Random Bizarre BS episode

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:13 pm

If Call of Cthulhu had been the first RPG, the panic we saw from various religious groups in the 80s would have been amplified. They would eventually go mad or simply disappear.
Not a hack!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:29 pm

EddyPo wrote:If Call of Cthulhu had been the first RPG, the panic we saw from various religious groups in the 80s would have been amplified. They would eventually go mad or simply disappear.
Ding! Fries are done.