Doom that Came to Kickstarter!

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor
Doom that Came to Kickstarter!

Post by creatureslagoon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi all,

Anyone hear about "The Doom that Came to Atlantic City" Kickstarter going belly up? It had raised over $122k and had over 1200 backers (me included at the $75 level) over a year ago. Long story short it was a Mythos type monopoly game that you went around rampaging with Old Ones. You can still pull up the kickstarter and view it. Turns out the company that licenses to make it was basically one guy whom has lived off the kickstarter for well over a year and made no physical items for the game at all. He kept up dating us (and the creators he licensed from) saying it was delayed and on track, then a few days ago he just up and cancelled the project. He blames himself, but no accounting for anything, especially the cash. Needless to say lots of disappointed and angry people (again, me included), and you can read all the drama on the comments for the kickstarter updates if inclined. I am most disappointed about the pewter Old Ones I was supposed to get, the sculpts alone are amazing and you all should check them out on the page.
Erich B.
Denton, TX