Television

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
UndeadDomain
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Television

Post by UndeadDomain » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:17 am

One show that I've been recently watching and is the spark for inspiration for me is Salem on WGN. Its surprisingly good and I can't help but feel the drive to run a game set during the Witch Trials. The show plays out with a bit of the Game of Thrones political intrigue mixed with the supernatural powers of the witches. Give it a shot, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:59 am

So per the advice of some of you I have started watching "Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries" and it's quite enjoyable. Thanks.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:05 am

Anybody watching "The Leftovers" on HBO? Pretty interesting so far with the telltale "WTF" moments of LOST... Hopefully they have this one properly plotted out to end on a good note. I am definitely enjoying it so far - hopefully it will continue to be a fresh surprise. :)

Aside from that, I've fallen out of the wormhole and I'm watching "Boardwalk Empire" on Amazon Prime - first season is free. That's a great crime drama in the target timeline for inspiration if anybody is interested.

Finally, I'm ashamed to say I was never an X-Files fan, and with the obvious weird aspects of the show, it's a must watch for genre mind-symbiosis. :p All 9 seasons are on Amazon Prime for free, and I'm kicking myself for not giving it a chance in my younger years. Absolutely great stuff and I'm really enjoying the blast from the past. :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:50 am

TV SERIES ADVICE: so some of my shows are on hiatus and others have fallen out of my favor.

I'm looking for another show or two to watch. If you have one that you like just list it here or PM me. The more it gets mentioned or liked the more likely I'm likely to check it.

Here are the shows I watch religiously or damn near to it. There are others I watch on and off but I won't mention them as they're more filler and I could take or leave them:

TYPICALLY WATCH WITHIN A MONTH OF RELEASE (some of these are on hiatus): Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Gotham, Sherlock, House of Cards, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire

SHOWS THAT ARE GETTING MENTIONED SO FAR: Salem, the last season for Breaking Bad, Gilmore Girls (old shows are okay), Ripper, State of Affairs,

SHOWS I DO NOT LIKE: Flash, Hemlock Grove, Modern Family, Dr. Who, Sons of Anarchy,

Odin
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Odin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:41 am

Shannon Mac wrote:TV SERIES ADVICE: so some of my shows are on hiatus and others have fallen out of my favor.

I'm looking for another show or two to watch. If you have one that you like just list it here or PM me. The more it gets mentioned or liked the more likely I'm likely to check it.

Here are the shows I watch religiously or damn near to it. There are others I watch on and off but I won't mention them as they're more filler and I could take or leave them:

TYPICALLY WATCH WITHIN A MONTH OF RELEASE (some of these are on hiatus): Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Gotham, Sherlock, House of Cards, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire

SHOWS THAT ARE GETTING MENTIONED SO FAR: Salem, the last season for Breaking Bad, Gilmore Girls (old shows are okay), Ripper, State of Affairs,

SHOWS I DO NOT LIKE: Flash, Hemlock Grove, Modern Family, Dr. Who, Sons of Anarchy,
We really like Sleepy Hollow. I'm glad it's getting popular, we've been big fans since the beginning and were hoping it wasn't going to get canceled.

And it goes without saying Homeland is back on so we're watching that.. Yeah we pay for SHO just to watch that a few months a year.. it's sad.. well now that Californication isn't on anymore it's only Homeland. And GoT doesn't kick back up till April.. I hope GRRM writes faster, at this rate the show is going to catch him.

I also forgot to mention Supernatural. We did a marathon over the holidays last year to catch up, and I still like it 8 seasons in. Lots of great creativity in that show with some likable characters.

Some other random shows we watch, New Girl (funny, I like that one).. and shows my wife watches that I half pay attention to: Mindy Project, Vampire Diaries, American Horror Story

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:03 am

Turn seems interesting. The first American spy ring established during the revolutionary war.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Newish: True Detective, The Nick, Homeland, Breaking Bad

For drama, if you haven't already seen --

Deadwood, The Wire, Big Love, original Upstairs Downstairs, original Homicide, Breaking Bad,Six Feet Under, first few seasons of Dexter, Girls, Orange is the New Black

Twin Peaks worth rewatching once every 5 years

Comedy -- Parks and Recreation, original Arrested Development, The Office (UK and US), The Newsroom (CBC, kind of hard to find)
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:54 pm

Justified!

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks for the input, people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SamS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by SamS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:02 pm

How about Grimm, it's one of my favorite shows.
Sam Stamps
Keeper of my own little reality.