Free RPG Day

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Free RPG Day

Post by EddyPo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 pm

So Free RPG Day is coming up. What are you planning to pick up? Are you going to buy something too?
Not a hack!

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Free RPG Day

Post by TAK » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:04 pm

As I'm in Sweden, nothing.
However, I was a part of the LotFP Kickstarter, so I will get Better Than Any Man and 4 other print adventures. Not to mention all the PDFs, most of which I already owned, some even in print.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Man that LotFP offering looks great! I've got to that and the LotFP rules.
Not a hack!

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:37 pm

The good thing with LotFP, if you know original D&D, you know LotFP. Or you can use Labyrinth Lord, OSRIC or any of the other OSR D&D clones. Of course the next version of LotFP should be coming sometime shortly, after the current one is released in hardcover (hopefully this year).

Just check lotfp.com and order direct from Jim, very good customer support and if you order a boxed/print of anything you can get the PDF cheaply in a bundle... and the boxes are worth it, I have both the deluxe and grindhouse myself. I might do a review of those and the differences, as there are some major ones and not all for the better, unfortunately... of course IMHO.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm sold.
Not a hack!

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Sioux Falls has one terrible RPG store that is only of use if you play D&D, wargame minis or a collectable card game. They don't participate in Free RPG Day, either. :cry:
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 am

Keeper Dan wrote:Sioux Falls has one terrible RPG store that is only of use if you play D&D, wargame minis or a collectable card game. They don't participate in Free RPG Day, either. :cry:
That stinks dude.
Not a hack!

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Keeper Dan wrote:Sioux Falls has one terrible RPG store that is only of use if you play D&D, wargame minis or a collectable card game. They don't participate in Free RPG Day, either. :cry:
Nobleknight.com duder! :cthulhudance:
Of course you'll have to buy something to get the free stuff, but at least you don't have to pay $xxx postage like I do.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Got LotFP "Better Than Any Man" today. It's huge--96 pages! Fantastic art. Great looking adventure. I'm super happy with it.
Not a hack!

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:56 pm

Well, I did take part after all. Via Noble Knight as it happens. Yes, I do love that store.
So, I got the following coming to me:

Hall of Bones by Frog God Games

Better than any Man by Lamentation Of The Flaming Princess (this will be my second copy, not sure I need it, but at least I have a reading copy and collection copy)

We Be Goblins Too! by Paizo Publishing

Battletech/Shadowrun - Quick-Start Rules Flipbook by Catalyst Game Labs