Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Kickstarter is Live!!

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
MikeM
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Kickstarter is Live!!

Post by MikeM » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi

Shipping costs have been added to the table of pledge levels on the main KS page (scroll down!) - the shipping costs are at the bottom of the table and show how much each pledge level will be whether you are in the US or anywhere else.

Cheers

Mike M
Mike D Mason
Call of Cthulhu Line Editor, Chaosium Inc.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 pm

That should make a lot of people happy to see. Nice work, Chaosium Crew.
Now, onward to the next Stretch Goal! :yay:
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:08 am

And now the Shoppe has all the extra Stretch goodies. That is excellent to see.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:43 am

I'm still peeved that the Phobia Deck is not a bonus item for the $100 pledge level and above. I feel like they posted that stretch goal to goad people into pledging, and then revealed that it is only for the elite few. That's crap.

But, I do feel a bit better with the actual shipping posted. I feel like I can swallow my hate just enough to add the Phobia Deck to my order. I just don't feel like I should after pledging $100.

So far I'm looking at:
$100 - pledge
$6 - extra dice (gift)
$15 - phobia deck
$9 - shipping
----------------------
$130 - grand total

Those extra goodies I'll be getting better be super-effing cool. I'm just sayin'.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:55 am

Keep in mind at that level that you're also getting the keeper's screen, slipcase, pad of character sheets, a set of dice and dice bag, the evidence file, as well as PDFs of both books, included in your $107 pledge. And in about 30 minutes the 7 scenarios PDF will unlock. IMO, a pretty good deal for two hardcover books plus all that. I'm pledging the same level, unless something significant changes.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:14 am

Gladius wrote:Keep in mind at that level that you're also getting the keeper's screen, slipcase, pad of character sheets, a set of dice and dice bag, the evidence file, as well as PDFs of both books, included in your $107 pledge. And in about 30 minutes the 7 scenarios PDF will unlock. IMO, a pretty good deal for two hardcover books plus all that. I'm pledging the same level, unless something significant changes.
You're right. And I am grateful, It's just that I squeed when I saw the Phobia Deck initially posted.

Okay. Time to grow up a bit... but not too much. :mrgreen:

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Oh I don't think we have to be grateful - we're the customer, after all - but I'd gladly pay $100 for two books that I'll likely get a lot of use from and many, many hours of enjoyment from over the next years :)

Like you, I'll probably still buy the phobia deck just to have one ("I have this problem, doctor, and it causes me to collect all this stuff...")

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:59 am

Keeper Jon wrote:
Gladius wrote:Keep in mind at that level that you're also getting the keeper's screen, slipcase, pad of character sheets, a set of dice and dice bag, the evidence file, as well as PDFs of both books, included in your $107 pledge. And in about 30 minutes the 7 scenarios PDF will unlock. IMO, a pretty good deal for two hardcover books plus all that. I'm pledging the same level, unless something significant changes.
You're right. And I am grateful, It's just that I squeed when I saw the Phobia Deck initially posted.

Okay. Time to grow up a bit... but not too much. :mrgreen:
Glad I read this, I thought the Phobia Deck was free, guess I need to up my pledge as well :)

Did anyone see the other new kickstarter from Sandy Peterson? The Cthulhu Wars game? It looks awesome! But coming out at the same time as the 7e kickstarter? Sounds like a bad move, I think both kickstarters might cannibalize each other's pledges a bit.
Erich B.
Denton, TX

3rik
Freshman
Freshman

Post by 3rik » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:22 am

3rik wrote:$125,806 already. Meanwhile I'm desperately looking for a way to back this using someone else's credit card since I don't own one myself...
Auto-update: I'm in for Slobbering Shoggoth plus a Phobia Deck! :cthulhu2:

I'm really curious what the dice will look like. Actually knowing, might persuade me to add extra sets.
RPGbericht(Dutch)

Paul Fricker
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Paul Fricker » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Keep your eyes peeled for an update coming soon. We're polling people as to whether they want to go full colour in both books. It would mean a delay in publication, but on the upside - full colour!
One of the Good Friends of Jackson Elias (a Call of Cthulhu podcast)