Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Kickstarter is Live!!

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Kickstarter is Live!!

Post by Keeper Jon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:33 pm

129K. The next stretch goal at 140K are deluxe handouts for the scenarios in the Keeper Book. Nice.

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:54 am

Upped my pledge for the hardbacks to add the dice as well. Just wondering why the leather bound are so much? I really want them but just can't imagine shelling out that much money for both leather bound books. I only paid $65 or so for the 30th anniversary leather bound 6th edition on Amazon a while back. Too bad, I really want those leather .... :(
Erich B.
Denton, TX

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:49 am

I agree. Those are just crazy expensive. They are selling, though.
All I can figure is that the prior "leather" version was done on a huge scale to be available in stores, and since these are only for the KS, the lack of volume is way more pricey.

Jon, when you pledge, I may send you some extra money for a set of dice for me. I wants dice...
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:56 am

Yeah, decided to go back to $100 level.
Unless they add something extra to the "leatherette" version they are just too expensive.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:14 am

Keeper Dan wrote:I agree. Those are just crazy expensive. They are selling, though.
All I can figure is that the prior "leather" version was done on a huge scale to be available in stores, and since these are only for the KS, the lack of volume is way more pricey.

Jon, when you pledge, I may send you some extra money for a set of dice for me. I wants dice...
Dan, consider the dice my contribution to the podcast. It's the least I can do.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks bro!

Paul Fricker
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Paul Fricker » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:05 pm

Had a group meet with Charlie tonight. Sounds like he plans to beef up the deluxe (leatherette) books with a few perks. I hope so. Weirdly I think the dice are really quite cheap - but that hardly offsets the cost of the deluxe books!

We're hoping Charlie is going to post a grid or something to clarify exactly who gets what tomorrow.

Is it looking OK to you guys?
One of the Good Friends of Jackson Elias (a Call of Cthulhu podcast)

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:09 am

There have been some valid questions in the KS comments. Things like shipping is rapidly getting out of hand confusing/expensive. It needs to be clarified if people will be charged extra shipping for all the stretch goal items being added in. It's not like people are choosing them, these are bonus. As it stands, it looks like someone at the $70 level has to pay $5 shipping, +$2 for the two books, plus $1 each for the Arkham map, HPL Country map, world map, slipcase, Keeper screen, dice, bookmarks, "evidence file" props & pencil, and upcoming phobia cards.
That's an extra $9 that someone might not expect at the end of this. And considering we're not halfway to the end, this can end up being an extra $30+ in $1 items.
I do agree that 9 dice and a bag for $6 is a steal. I assume from the price that these will not be customized, but just solid color dice. I still want them. :mrgreen:

The graphic Charlie is doing should help get all this stuff cleared up. I don't have a horse in this race as I can't afford any of the levels, but clarity is key to happy backers.
Making all the items a la-carte was a good move. Now someone can pick a base level and then build the shopping list they want. I'm already jealous of the swag folks are going to be getting.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:41 am

I desperately want the leatherette book levels to be more than simply leatherette covered versions of the hardbacks, in order to justify pledging for them. But right now an extra $233 is so ridiculous for the exact same things, just with nicer covers on them, that I can't even get the collector in me to justify it.

Personally I think they would have been better off doing a "limited edition" that is equally expensive (but limited in number, to, say 50 or 100 copies) and then a standard unlimited edition leatherette that was much cheaper. Then the collectors who want their rare copy can get them, and the rest of us can get a nicer copy but don't just want it for future collectibility that isn't so expensive ...(the various 20th anniv. edition versions -green, red, contributors, and so on - are extremely dear on ebay). At this point, $333 for the leatherette versions is approaching the ebay-inflated 20th anniv. editions, with the price already built in but without the collectibility.

fallingtower
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fallingtower » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Keeper Dan wrote:There have been some valid questions in the KS comments. Things like shipping is rapidly getting out of hand confusing/expensive. It needs to be clarified if people will be charged extra shipping for all the stretch goal items being added in. It's not like people are choosing them, these are bonus. As it stands, it looks like someone at the $70 level has to pay $5 shipping, +$2 for the two books, plus $1 each for the Arkham map, HPL Country map, world map, slipcase, Keeper screen, dice, bookmarks, "evidence file" props & pencil, and upcoming phobia cards.
That's an extra $9 that someone might not expect at the end of this. And considering we're not halfway to the end, this can end up being an extra $30+ in $1 items.
I do agree that 9 dice and a bag for $6 is a steal. I assume from the price that these will not be customized, but just solid color dice. I still want them. :mrgreen:

The graphic Charlie is doing should help get all this stuff cleared up. I don't have a horse in this race as I can't afford any of the levels, but clarity is key to happy backers.
Making all the items a la-carte was a good move. Now someone can pick a base level and then build the shopping list they want. I'm already jealous of the swag folks are going to be getting.
That stinks that you can't afford to join in the Kickstarter. I myself am kinda in the same boat and am actually collecting returnable bottles for mine. Will probably end up with one of the cheapies.

You guys are doing good stuff. If I had the extra money I'd kick in to support you guys, but I'm in a state where the powers that be are trying to outsource my job and I'm barely holding on.

Fantasy horror is the only escape for my real life ones.

Anyway, you guys are awesome. Keep it up.
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft