Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Kickstarter is Live!!

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Kickstarter is Live!!

Post by Gladius » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:28 am

They've just added a bunch of crazy new pledge levels. Good thing I just got a new job, I'm going to need more money for this.

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:08 am

I'm already in for $122 and haven't checked the new stuff. Good thing I'm getting like $850 in tax returns near the end of this.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be blowing like $350 on this, at this point, unless they come up with something more. Yes, I'm all in when it's a Chaosium product, that company deserves all they can get for their years of service to the gaming field.

jovial1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by jovial1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:49 pm

One question I've got regarding the Kickstarter:

The way the various pledge levels for the physical books read seems to state that "all earlier pledge levels" aren't included. Is that right? I'd love to have the physical books, but going up to Mi-Go or Shoggoth might be stretching my ability at this point in time.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Correct, they don't include the earlier pledge levels. They are creating separate pledge levels for just about every combination of softcovers, or hardcovers, or leatherette covers.

The Keeper's Screen unlocked and is now included at any level where you buy the core rulebook (printed). It also comes with a pad of character sheets.

I'm waiting to see if they include anything really cool with the leatherette books to see if they are worth the extra $233. That's really steep just for extra added leatherette covers on the two books.

Paul Fricker
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Paul Fricker » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:30 pm

100K and growing! Wake up Charlie - time for more stretch goals!
One of the Good Friends of Jackson Elias (a Call of Cthulhu podcast)

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:15 pm

$102.5k now, damn this is really blowing up now.

Need more stuff _inside_ the books, not more external stuff, even tho that is most likely easier to add, but I want the base books to be awesome as it will be around a lot longer than some stuff for the few base scenarios and the like. Full color would be the ultimate, basically I want this to blow the French, Spanish and German versions out of the water.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:42 pm

TAK wrote:$102.5k now, damn this is really blowing up now.

Need more stuff _inside_ the books, not more external stuff, even tho that is most likely easier to add, but I want the base books to be awesome as it will be around a lot longer than some stuff for the few base scenarios and the like. Full color would be the ultimate, basically I want this to blow the French, Spanish and German versions out of the water.
My thoughts exactly! My wife has asked that I wait until June 15th before I contribute, but when I do it will be at the $100 level. I wish I could afford the $666 level, but I haven't lost enough SAN to spend that kind of money yet.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:09 pm

Yea! Finally a stretch goal of 125K that will go "hog wild" in expanding the full color art in the new books! And the KS is currently at 112K as I write this. Hell, this stretch goal might already be achieved by the time I click to submit this posting to the forum!!!

:cthulhudance: :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance:

Edit - Okay, so I just noticed that it says nothing about the expanded art being in color. Mike & Paul... what stretch goal do we need to attain so that the entirety of both books is full color from stem to stern? I've seen pictures of the French edition. Please, please, please... tell me that Charlie has seen the French edition, and is using that at the yardstick for which 7th edition needs to be held up to... and surpass!!!

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:18 pm

I agree, if the French edition isn't the model for this, then I don't really know if this world is worth the sanity loss anymore.
$113k :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance:

3rik
Freshman
Freshman

Post by 3rik » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:11 pm

$125,806 already. Meanwhile I'm desperately looking for a way to back this using someone else's credit card since I don't own one myself...
RPGbericht(Dutch)