Beware! For I am armed with new dark knowledge

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Beware! For I am armed with new dark knowledge

Post by TAK » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Excellent news, I have found something on eBay that I've been looking for a long time.

The Collected Fantasies of Clark Ashton Smith: End of the Story v. 1
The Collected Fantasies of Clark Ashton Smith: Door to Saturn v. 2
By Night Shade Books.

Technically I now have the whole series, even tho I'm still missing v 4 & 5, but they are easy to get on Amazon. I payed more than I've payed for any book before, but I feel it's worth it and it's still less than anyone sell them for on Amazon.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:58 pm

One day I will own a piece of Lovecraft ephemera.

I keep an eBay alert going that tells me whenever something of his comes up for sale. I've seen a few postcards and letters, they are often expensive. IMO more valuable than a $3000 dollar copy of 7e :)

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:28 pm

I would love something like that myself, but I am doubtful anything real will pop up at my price range.

And the orders go on:

LotFP just added new stuff to their store yesterday, so I ordered all of it.

Fuck For Satan (adventure by James Raggi)
LotFP Rules & Magic, the new HC edition (contains some new stuff like firearms and a little information on Europe in the 1600s, also has some new art)
The Seclusium of Orphone of the Three Visions (Information on wizard seclusia, how to create them and a few ready ones)
Qelong (setting by Kenneth Hite)
Tales of the Scarecrow (adventure/encounter by James Raggi) (and it looks like I was one of the 7 or so lucky enough to get the print version. I already had the PDF, so I know what I'm getting.)

Also got some bookmarks and the new Alice T-Shirt (that will be my third LotFP shirt as I have the Flame Princess one and the Kickstarter shirt is on it's way at some point too.

Aside from those, it was time for more comics...

The Invisibles Omnibus (Been meaning to order this for ages, but it's been so expensive that I haven't really had money until now, now that all the Kickstarters are done)

Books of Magic Deluxe Edition HC by Neil Gaiman (just about 180393828274927119044 times better than Harry Potter, who is CLEARLY copied from Gaiman's work, also, FUCK J.K. Rowling and her shitty book series).

And finally...
The Collected Fantasies Of Clark Ashton Smith: The Maze of the Enchanter v. 4
The Collected Fantasies Of Clark Ashton Smith: The Last Hieroglyph v. 5
Now when my eBay purchase come in I will have the whole collection, woot :cthulhu1:

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:24 pm

JK Rowling wrote some perfectly good books with her Harry Potter series. Now, if you want to shoot fish in a barrel, try Meyer's Twilight books ...