Free Comic Book Day

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Free Comic Book Day

Post by EddyPo » Sat May 04, 2013 12:48 pm

In case comic books are your thing, today, May 4th, is Free Comic Book Day!

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992

Some good freebies are being offered this year.
Not a hack!

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: Free Comic Book Day

Post by Keeper Dan » Sat May 04, 2013 6:27 pm

My store had a limit on only 2 books, so that's a bummer. I got the Star Wars/Avatar: TheLast Airbender double book, and the Mouse Guard book. And the free Iron Man HeroClix figure.
There was a Buck Rogers book on the counter that I wish I could have gotten. :-(
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sat May 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Keeper Dan wrote:My store had a limit on only 2 books, so that's a bummer. I got the Star Wars/Avatar: TheLast Airbender double book, and the Mouse Guard book. And the free Iron Man HeroClix figure.
There was a Buck Rogers book on the counter that I wish I could have gotten. :-(
My store also had a limit of two. But you could take three if you showed up with comic book themed clothes. I came with a Superman shirt and left with Judge Dredd, Walking Dead, and TMNT (for my son).
Not a hack!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri May 10, 2013 3:58 am

My shop had a limit of three per person, with babies in car seats counting as a person, unless they're a robot, in which case they got four. :D

But... since my best friend and godfather to my children is also the owner of a comic shop... well, let's just say I got a bunch. :mrgreen:

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Fri May 10, 2013 11:38 am

Keeper Jon wrote:
But... since my best friend and godfather to my children is also the owner of a comic shop... well, let's just say I got a bunch. :mrgreen:
That's a great idea. Now I need to find a comic book store owner willing to be my godfather.
Not a hack!