We want to help keep the game alive by making it easier for new players to find a group if they have difficulty in real life through the use of software & our custom made bot. By creating an expansive community we hope to use our custom bot to allow everyone to find a group to play with. We also have help channels which you can use if you have a quarrel with the rules of the game. As such you’ll receive live support instead of having to wait potentially hours or days for a response on the forums. We also plan to help events, say you have a live stream coming up to raise money for charity, just running an epic game or even hosting your own event in real life which is being streamed we’ll help promote it! However, to make this a success we need you, the community. By helping to spread this idea we’ll be able to develop a dedicated, mature and friendly community to entice even more people to play or even host their own sessions.
Even if you only play the game at a table with your friends in real life you’ll still be a great asset to the community as well as the ability to meet like-minded people from across the globe you could even share a scenario you created with an easily accessible community.
Our bot development team is creating an LFG tool to allow you to create games and then have new players join them, it’s currently still in development, at this current point in time you can create your own game and have others join it. You’ll then receive a private channel in order to play with your newly found group. As such, this is great for new players and through our combined efforts even more sessions will be running on the discord.
Here’s a brief list of the current features which are accessible:
- A new users section with recommended platforms for online play if you’re only just thinking about hosting a game online (there are many benefits)
We have a news and updates section which we will post news released by Chaosium and important updates so all you have to do is check out this section for your Cthulhu news.
- We also have a recommended YouTuber & twitch section for content creators that are worthy of your time if you’re looking for reviews on scenarios or just tips. Seth Skorkowsky is currently doing a series on the game system as a brief overview on the rules which I’d highly recommend if you’re thinking about picking up a copy of the rules.
- We have a help section which is provided by both Verified Keepers (a role which can be attained by request allowing you to access a private area of the discord so players do not have scenarios spoilt) as well as player provided assistance. As such you have a wide variety of assistance in the case you are unaware of what to do. We also reward players who help with certain roles, helping new players is greatly encouraged as remember, it’s them who will keep the game alive.
- A support section is accessible, this will allow you to ask help from staff as well as requesting an event. (not related to the game but rather the server, unless it’s an event)
- An entire discussions section for so you can talk to other players about Cthulhu, off-topic, Chaosium and more. You can also post any artwork you make in our artwork section.
- We will hold monthly competitions to help further the community such as a best Cthulhu related drawing, scenario creation, and more. A prize pool will be accessible for the winners.
- Voice channels to allow you to talk to other users
- A Keeper hub section for verified Keepers allowing you to discuss scenarios, leave reviews on whether you like them or not so Keepers can easily find out whether a scenario is worth purchasing, as well as help and a section to overcome a players disruption to your scenario/campaign.
- More features will be added as the community grows. We will welcome any ideas from our community.
TLDR: We want to help further the community through the use of a group-finding bot making the game accessible to new players as well as those looking for a group to play with. We hope to make the game easier for new keepers, as well as experienced, to get help and find scenarios they may want to run with their group or find one of their own on the server.
To conclude; by joining now you’ll be able to access everything Cthulhu related at the click of a button, the first 100 people to join will receive a special role to thank you for being the first members of an everlasting community. You’ll watch alongside us as this library of information continues to expand just like the universe.
Hope to see you soon – GMK
Join the cult today