Help naming my new podcast

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Canageek
Senior
Senior
Help naming my new podcast

Post by Canageek » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:22 am

Hello all. I’m planning on starting up a little podcast to fill some time while my girlfriend is in Seattle for work for a few months. It will start with an in-character segment, which will usually be similar to Dr. Gerard’s lectures (but not always—I have a few things in mind) that describes and meth, urban legend or other bit of lore, then I will go “behind the curtain” and discuss how these could be used in the game or serve as inspiration. I’m going to get a good number of episodes recorded before it I put any online or pay for hosting, but there is a slight problem I need to take care of before it can do much recording.

I need to name it.

I’m terrible was naming things and having a hard time thinking up a good name that I like for the podcast. They all seem to come off as either too prosaic or more like something a writing inspiration podcast would have is a name rather than role playing inspiration podcast.

So far I have:
• Plot hooks
• Lore and inspiration
• Seeking inspiration
• Plot hooks 101: inspiration

So given that I’ll be targeting a very similar audience to the Miskatonic University podcast, but any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Moderator of the Suppressed Transmissions board.
Plays GURPS, Call of Cthulhu and a few other things.

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator
Re: Help naming my new podcast

Post by trevlix » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:20 pm

I like 'plot hooks'. Its simple and gets to the point. Will you be focusing on horror RPGs or RPGs in general?
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Canageek
Senior
Senior

Post by Canageek » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:39 pm

I’m not planning to specifically focus on horror role playing games, but the type of plot hooks I think up, and the sources of inspiration I use naturally lend themselves to poorer role playing games so I expect they will there will be some bias in that direction. However I am planning on trying to diversify the sources so I’m not always using core urban legends and such.

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:24 am

Canageek wrote:Hello all. I’m planning on starting up a little podcast to fill some time while my girlfriend is in Seattle for work for a few months. It will start with an in-character segment, which will usually be similar to Dr. Gerard’s lectures (but not always—I have a few things in mind) that describes and meth, urban legend or other bit of lore, then I will go “behind the curtain” and discuss how these could be used in the game or serve as inspiration. I’m going to get a good number of episodes recorded before it I put any online or pay for hosting, but there is a slight problem I need to take care of before it can do much recording.

I need to name it.

I’m terrible was naming things and having a hard time thinking up a good name that I like for the podcast. They all seem to come off as either too prosaic or more like something a writing inspiration podcast would have is a name rather than role playing inspiration podcast.

So far I have:
• Plot hooks
• Lore and inspiration
• Seeking inspiration
• Plot hooks 101: inspiration

So given that I’ll be targeting a very similar audience to the Miskatonic University podcast, but any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
What about "Plot Hooked"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeeperAntUK
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by KeeperAntUK » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm

I like Plot Hooks (or Plot Hooked Max :-) ) as it creates quite a strong visual for a logo or the like .... Imagine actual hooks :-)

Plot Hooks! - Ideas that get under your skin! Or

Plot Hooks! - How to reel your players in!

Etc

Canageek
Senior
Senior

Post by Canageek » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:43 am

I guess plot for hooks that it is. My girlfriend will be very happy, that one was her idea. Submit submit

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:32 am

Very much looking forward to hearing the end result! Woohoo!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers