Anyone out there ...

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Canageek
Senior
Senior
Re: Anyone out there ...

Post by Canageek » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:51 pm

I've never gotten to play in a CoC game, actually, so I'd be willing to give playing a try. I've always gotten roped into running games. (Well, I was in a GURPS Horror game that was basically Cthulhu without the mythos.)
Moderator of the Suppressed Transmissions board.
Plays GURPS, Call of Cthulhu and a few other things.

KeeperAntUK
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by KeeperAntUK » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi guys ... Just thought I'd keep you updated on my Canadian move.

Canadian Immigration has recently revised its timescale on processing applications via the method we're using. When it was submitted the wait was 5-6 weeks, a few weeks after ours was submitted the wait time was raised to 8-10 weeks. They are now stating 'anywhere between a couple of weeks and a few months'. Our application has been in about 3 months now.

I understand they may have got busy after some sort of election South of the border? ;-)

So, we're still waiting. We have decided however to wait till the New Year anyway now; too hard to let our house over Xmas , and similar problems with renting. Also flights nearly double in the weeks leading up to Xmas.

So I'm practicing patience (this does not come easy to me!) and hopefully we'll see you in the New Year :-)

Canageek
Senior
Senior

Post by Canageek » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:01 am

Sorry to hear that. Let us know when you have news, and I know how crazy it can be to try and find rent in Vancouver; my girlfriend and I wound up getting a place twice the size and consequently $350 more rent a month then we planned just to find a place. Best of luck in the new year. Also it isn't just the US election: The government pay system has utterly failed, so there are people in immigration that haven't been paid for multiple months, which I imagine doesn't exactly encourage people to work at top speed. Plus there have been some major changes in the law, which I imagine requires retraining of people, which means they aren't processing applications.
Moderator of the Suppressed Transmissions board.
Plays GURPS, Call of Cthulhu and a few other things.