Very short scenarios?

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
Very short scenarios?

Post by Nvision » Fri May 27, 2016 11:54 am

Hey folks, I'm hoping you can help me track down a scenario that could ideally be run in 1-1.5hrs. In addition to regular sessions, the directors at Epic Nerd Camp were hoping I could run an introductory demo of 7e in one of their morning slots. I could always just whip something up, but I've already got a pair of four-hour scenarios to polish, as well as a couple of other things, and I was hoping to find something pre-existing.

Any suggestions?

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: Very short scenarios?

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri May 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Let me see if I can whip something up for you. For such a short time slot, it may not be able to showcase a wide variety of aspects of the game.

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Fri May 27, 2016 5:31 pm

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Sun May 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Email chaosium. They just wrote 1 hour demo scenario they are currently running at cons. Sounds like its exactly what you want.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Mon May 30, 2016 1:56 am

trevlix wrote:Email chaosium. They just wrote 1 hour demo scenario they are currently running at cons. Sounds like its exactly what you want.
Yeeeah...some "issues" with them are why I started this thread :p

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:11 pm

Done! I just emailed an adventure I wrote to Nvision that I hope will fit the bill for what he needs.

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Just a post event summary: Jon's demo scenario was overwhelmingly well-received! I ran it once in each camp session for 5 players and 6 players, respectively. Even though a large portion of players were new to CoC, they instinctively did what CoC players do, and decided to investigate everything in excruciating detail. Had I followed Jon's advice and jumped straight to main location in the game after a brief overview I could have avoided this, but the players were so eager I let them run with it. It was great fun flushing out detail about the story as the players chased down hunches and imagined leads, plus it was great fodder for examples in a class I was running on improvised storytelling. We had one near TPK (due to crazy decisions and bad rolls), and one fairly bloody but ultimately deathless run through (including three consecutive critical successes). Following the game, almost every player wanted to jump on the Chaosium mailing list and I'm running a Skype game for some of them (once I'm caught up on my work!).

Again, many thanks, Jon! :)
Last edited by Nvision on Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:32 pm

That is so cool!
Nvision wrote:Just a post event summary: Jon demo scenario was overwhelmingly well-received! I ran it once in each camp session for 5 players and 6 players, respectively. Even though a large portion of players were new to CoC, they instinctively did what CoC players do, and decided to investigate everything in excruciating detail. Had I followed Jon's advice and jumped straight to main location in the game after a brief overview I could have avoided this, but the players were so eager I let them run with it. It was great fun flushing out detail about the story as the players chased down hunches and imagined leads, plus it was great fodder for examples in a class I was running on improvised storytelling. We had one near TPK (due to crazy decisions and bad rolls), and one fairly bloody but ultimately deathless run through (including three consecutive critical successes). Following the game, almost every player wanted to jump on the Chaosium mailing list and I'm running a Skype game for some of them (once I'm caught up on my work!).

Not a hack!

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Nvision wrote:Just a post event summary: Jon's demo scenario was overwhelmingly well-received! I ran it once in each camp session for 5 players and 6 players, respectively. Even though a large portion of players were new to CoC, they instinctively did what CoC players do, and decided to investigate everything in excruciating detail. Had I followed Jon's advice and jumped straight to main location in the game after a brief overview I could have avoided this, but the players were so eager I let them run with it. It was great fun flushing out detail about the story as the players chased down hunches and imagined leads, plus it was great fodder for examples in a class I was running on improvised storytelling. We had one near TPK (due to crazy decisions and bad rolls), and one fairly bloody but ultimately deathless run through (including three consecutive critical successes). Following the game, almost every player wanted to jump on the Chaosium mailing list and I'm running a Skype game for some of them (once I'm caught up on my work!).

That's awesome! I'm so glad it went over so well. :mrgreen: