Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore
Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu

Post by Bootlegger » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:53 am

I know a lot of people are suffering from Cthulhu-themed boardgame exhaustion these days, but I think this is going to be awesome...

http://www.dicetowernews.com/pandemic-r ... 2016/22561

Thoughts?

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor
Re: Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:09 pm

I am a huge Pandemic fan and yes, I am wary of any use of Mythos just for reskinning an old game. However, if this gives interesting twists on Panemic mechanics and makes the theme integral, I will be thrilled.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu

Post by fox01313 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:33 am

Agreed with Dr. Gerard, if they take the core of Pandemic & thow in a ton of Mythos stuff beyond just what we'd see in Pandemic, it would be fun & if it turns out good plus they do a legacy version of it, I'd definitely buy it. Right now I'll wait to see how it turns out at release. I've played Pandemic & while fun, if they are just going to Monopoly the theme on it. I'll pass. Maybe if they throw in the chaos you get with Cthulhu Fluxx it might work.

Until then will be playing Elder Sign + Gates of Arkham, Cthulhu Realms (fun little card game but the art is amazing so I'd be happy with more Lovecraft games from this artist), Eldritch Horror & more.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2662 ... lhu-realms
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)