Keeper Murph's First Narration!

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Keeper Murph's First Narration!

Post by KeeperMurph » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:00 pm

So my first narration of a short story is online at sffaudio.com. It is called Out of the Storm and is by William Hope Hodgson. Please go and check it out over there. And I will be on the sffaudio show with Jesse Willis this coming Sunday, after we record, talking about the story.

Hopefully, this will start a string of narrations, I'm already working on another. Any criticism is taken without prejudice, as I have no clue what I am doing for the most part. Just remember, if you are too mean I will whip out the Tome of Infinite Banning and go to town. (not really)

Here is the link to the post at sffaudio

Barl0we
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Keeper Murph's First Narration!

Post by Barl0we » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Nice job!

I would say you could've afforded to be just a tiny bit slower, at least at the start of the narration; The pace felt more natural to me at the end (Possibly because the story is reaching its climax).

I'm looking forward to hearing more stories! That was a nice 10 minutes, sitting with a cup of coffee, listening to a very Edgar Allan Poe'ish story :)

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Very nicely done, man. And congrats on getting such a cool gig. You get to talk about the story, too? That is all kinds of awesome.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Barl0we wrote:Nice job!

I would say you could've afforded to be just a tiny bit slower, at least at the start of the narration; The pace felt more natural to me at the end (Possibly because the story is reaching its climax).

I'm looking forward to hearing more stories! That was a nice 10 minutes, sitting with a cup of coffee, listening to a very Edgar Allan Poe'ish story :)
Thanks Barl0we. I was a bit rushed at the beginning now that I re-listen to it. I appreciate the comment though!
Dr. Gerard wrote:Very nicely done, man. And congrats on getting such a cool gig. You get to talk about the story, too? That is all kinds of awesome.
Thanks man! I'm going to be doing another one here soon. I hope to have learned from my mistakes.