2015 Delta Green Shotgun Scenario Contest

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
2015 Delta Green Shotgun Scenario Contest

Post by EddyPo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Agents, it's that time of year again--for the annual Delta Green Shotgun Scenario Contest!

As usual, the aim of this year's contest is to write short scenarios. In keeping with the Man in Black's original definition, mere scenario seeds are perfectly welcome, including evocative artifacts, species, themes and cults. Everyone is invited to participate and advertise.

RULES:

1. Entries must be set in the Delta Green-verse.

2. Entries can be of any length. However, any entry longer than 1500 words* will be at a disadvantage in the voting. Specifically, every vote for long entries will be counted as 0.5 votes for purposes of determining victory.

3. Scenario titles and stats blocks do not count toward the word limit. Narrative NPC descriptions do count.

4. You may submit as many Shotgun Scenarios as you wish.

5. Submissions are anonymous until the contest has ended, except to the contest administrator.

6. To submit an entry, email it to the contest administrator, epossing AT yahoo DOT com. The administrator will post each text with its word count to the DGML as soon as possible, and archive it on the Delta Green wiki (<http://fairfieldproject.wikidot.com/shotgun-scenarios>) with appropriate formatting.

7. Submissions may be sent in the body of the email or as text attachment (doc, rtf, etc). No PDFs please.

8. The last day for submissions is Thursday, December 31, 2015.

9. The authors of the top three scenarios by anonymous vote are the winners. This will be decided through a list member poll on the DGML Yahoo! Groups page, ending at midnight on Sunday, January 23, 2016.

10. Authors are free to vote for their own submission.

11. The contest administrator may submit but does not vote.

*Note: Word count is as determined by the GNU wc utility. The rule of halving the effective vote count for long entries comes from the 2006 edition of this annual contest.

PRIZES:

First place prize is a $20 gift certificate to Drivethrurpg/RPGNow.
Second place prize is a $10 gift certificate to Drivethrurpg/RPGNow.
Third place prize is a $5 gift certificate to Drivethrurpg/RPGNow.

Good luck everyone!

~Ed
Not a hack!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: 2015 Delta Green Shotgun Scenario Contest

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:21 pm

Damn! I meant to write something for this earlier this year. My current schedule of work I am under contract to produce will prevent me to entering this year. Crap. Crap. Crap.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:30 pm

Ugh! That's too bad Jon. I loved your submission last year--Safe House, Dark.
Keeper Jon wrote:Damn! I meant to write something for this earlier this year. My current schedule of work I am under contract to produce will prevent me to entering this year. Crap. Crap. Crap.
Not a hack!

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:02 am

I am in a similar position to Jon so I won't be able to contribute this year either.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Koakai
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Koakai » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:30 pm

I was lacking any ideas for this year, and then just thought of something. But I doubt I shall endeavour to put it together.
PH.D candidate -M.U. Western Annex

KeeperAntUK
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by KeeperAntUK » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:01 pm

I might have a lil' sumtin out back ;-)

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:50 pm

And remember, if you don't have time to write up a complete scenario, you can still submit scenario seeds, artifacts, cults, creatures, and the like.
Not a hack!

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:37 pm

It is December 31st and the last day to submit to the 2015 Delta Green Shotgun Scenario Contest. I'll accept submissions until Midnight my time (CST). The clock ticking.

Good luck!
Not a hack!

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:44 am

The poll is now live for the 2015 Delta Green Shotgun Scenario Contest.

All entries are available to read at the Fairfield Project: http://fairfieldproject.wikidot.com/sho ... rios#toc12

Scenarios are listed in order that I received them and I have done no editing to them except occasional changes in formatting in order to meet the requirements of the webpage.

Poll can be found here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dgl ... ages/35607

The poll will be closed at midnight Central Standard Time, Sunday, January 23, 2016.

All the best,

~Ed
Not a hack!

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:19 am

Lot of good entries & for a while it looked like there were only a few. Now really wanting a DG crew to play locally or online to go through them all this year as they all look quite fun as either full scenarios, scenario seeds or little character/plot development pieces in a larger game.

Had a handful of ideas & some worked out to better ideas & others, taking nods from the 'Bumps in the Night' book from Pagan Publishing, were fun but needed more fleshing out & damn just was only seeing skeletons...hopefully soon I'll find some willing volunteers for adding to the skeletons too pale white to look at right now.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)