Of airships and G38s

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman
Of airships and G38s

Post by Ritterton » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:26 am

Hey folks,

So, getting back into the CoC game and really have enjoyed the podcasts. But, in the back of my mind is this tickle that recalls something from the 1980s CoC scenarios that was centered about an airship...now it could have been the friend's campaign we were playing, but I wanted to ask.

I have a pretty extensive book collection, and some artifacts (post stamped items, real pics, etc.), of airships and the Junker 38 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_G.38. Oh and here is the inside of that plane, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_G.38So in my mind I can see these being a great setting for an adventure, but figured "Surely there was an adventure decades ago...but maybe something more recent?"

Figured I would ask!

R

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior
Re: Of airships and G38s

Post by PirateLawyer » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:47 am

Well, back in the day Pagan Publishing put out the Walker in the Wastes campaign which certainly had airships prominently featured in it.

Backers of the forthcoming Horrors of War scenario book have had the privilege of listening to an actual play of "The Last Flight of the L-58" ...

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:51 pm

Ritterton wrote:Hey folks,
But, in the back of my mind is this tickle that recalls something from the 1980s CoC scenarios that was centered about an airship...now it could have been the friend's campaign we were playing, but I wanted to ask.
You might be thinking of the Chaosium book, Fearful Passages. It's all about scenarios centered on various forms of transportation. Specifically, the scenario Rigid Air takes place on an airship.
Not a hack!

Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ritterton » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Thanks EddyPro...what's interesting about that is that it may have been a reprint of the adventure I recall from about eight years earlier than Fearful Passages' publication in 1992. Also interesting is how dang expensive those old prints are...wow...$50-400 for a copy of that on www.abebooks.com :fhtagn:

WinstonP
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by WinstonP » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:55 pm

There was an airship scenario De Schp Zonder Schaduw in the TOME book Whispers from the Abyss which came out in 1984
http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.p ... er_Schaduw

Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ritterton » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:56 am

WinstonP wrote:There was an airship scenario De Schp Zonder Schaduw in the TOME book Whispers from the Abyss which came out in 1984
http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.p ... er_Schaduw
I think that that might be it. Right time and right theme...I think our Keeper had us going to attend an esoteric auction in Berlin.

THANK YOU!

Now to find a copy.

Rod

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Ritterton wrote: I think that that might be it. Right time and right theme...I think our Keeper had us going to attend an esoteric auction in Berlin.

THANK YOU!

Now to find a copy.

Rod
I think there's a couple of used copies kicking around Amazon for $25, which is pretty good for out of print CoC stuff.

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Terror From The Skies is a newer one but dang it's a lot of fun. There is a good amount of it in a Zeppelin :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ritterton » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:49 am

Mahaffa wrote:Terror From The Skies is a newer one but dang it's a lot of fun. There is a good amount of it in a Zeppelin :-)
Thanks Mahaffa..will add it to my list! :cthulhudance:

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:00 am

If you need notes on what not to do listen to our live play on Skype of Cthulhu ;-)

Glad to help (you cause misery for your players)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk