Equipment for podcasting

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Gerall
Freshman
Freshman
Equipment for podcasting

Post by Gerall » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:37 pm

What gear does Keeper Dan use to get the podcast done? What shifters?
--Gerall
Hide from the stars!

Gerall
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Equipment for podcasting

Post by Gerall » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:24 pm

Shifters?!?

I'm very sorry - the autocorrect demon in my electronic familiar will soon be disciplined.

I'm interested in understanding what equipment and software / applications are used for editing. For that matter, should any of the other podcasters on the forum wish to share their arcane art with a humble beginner, I'd be happy to hear from them.

Cheers!
--Gerall
Hide from the stars!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor
Re: Equipment for podcasting

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:30 pm

I'd rather have Dan or Murph answer the hardware question, but I can tell you that Audacity is your best bet for sound editing. Download it and start playing around with sound files. That really is the best way to learn it. Post questions here whenever you want. And once you have it set up, we can help you get some other nifty functions added.

If you are desperate to spend money, I can recommend Adobe Audition, which is a bit eaisier to use and more powerful if you want to get into music mixing or intensive sound effects development.

If you are desperate to use free software that came installed on a Mac, Garage Band will also do what you need. This crew is less familiar with it, but I have used it a little, and I have access to a copy and could help troubleshoot if needed.

But seriously - Audacity.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers