246 - Kontamination 02 (Achtung Cthulhu)

Discussion of the Skype of Cthulhu podcast.
TravelerJim
Associate Professor
246 - Kontamination 02 (Achtung Cthulhu)

Post by TravelerJim » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:44 pm

December, 1944
Münstereifel, Germany

Unsure whether they are all working for quite the same goals, a group of German soldiers set out for the Ardennes Forest in an attempt to capture an Allied officer.

Dramatis Persone:
  • Edwin as Horst Buchholz;
    Jim as The Keeper of Arcane Lore;
    Max as Wolfgang Kurth;
    Randall as Hartman Bochner;
    Rob as Franziska Kellman;
    Shannon as Norbert Grupe.
http://www.cthulhu.me/2015/04/246-konta ... hulhu.html

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: 246 - Kontamination 02 (Achtung Cthulhu)

Post by Howard » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:14 pm

? well Max, you've done it again :x ? ...Achtung Cthulhu seems to consist of serious espionage work regardless of the scenario, definately not lovecraftian horror. My guess would be to give the Investigators serious modifiers to their rolls allowing them to at least pass the first check point....or any check point....or any conversation with an NPC. Maybe, at least they could speak two languages fleuntly, or have the right uniforms or know who's in charge, or know military protocol...something.

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:45 pm

:lol: I guess it's all about making the characters feel miserable. I think it works. Luckily for us chapter two provided better opportunities....right?

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Sat May 02, 2015 6:41 am

Forgive my frustration, you know how I enjoy my SOC, it's like the Young and the Restless for me.

TravelerJim
Associate Professor

Post by TravelerJim » Fri May 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Howard wrote:... Achtung Cthulhu seems to consist of serious espionage work regardless of the scenario, definately not lovecraftian horror.
I think this one does, or at least will. Our previous Achtung scenarios I would definitely describe as WW2 espionage with a big thumping evil jumping out at the end. This one I think does it better, a much slower burn - see the events of episode #3.
Howard wrote:... give the Investigators serious modifiers to their rolls ... at least they could speak two languages ... have the right uniforms ...
This I certainly agree with. Some of the Achtung scenarios seem to have pre-gens which are not designed for the scenario in question quite as well as they could be, or go out of their way to make things pointlessly more difficult. I've tried to bring out some of that - the uniform and equipment kerfuffle in Kontamination 01 - without actually impacting their actions in the scenario too much.

Regardless, thanks for your continued listenership Howard!

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Sat May 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Haha! As we all know I am why we can't have nice things :-)
*bow*
Thanks for listening (and/or cringing)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk