238 - The Reunion 06 (Tremulus)

Discussion of the Skype of Cthulhu podcast.
TravelerJim
Associate Professor
238 - The Reunion 06 (Tremulus)

Post by TravelerJim » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Ebon Eaves, Nebraska
June, 1924

The party regroups after the fiery death of Mr. Nash Anderson, and attempts to find a way to leave town as The Reunion comes to a dramatic and unexpected conclusion.

Dramatis Persone:
  • Edwin as The Heir, Amanda Leach;
    Jim as The Doctor, Cheryl Von Kleif;
    Jon as The Author - John “Johnny” Cannon;
    Max as The Game Master;
    Randall as The Dilettante, Frank “Franky” Harris;
    Shannon as The Alienist, Herman Von Kleif.
http://www.cthulhu.me/2015/03/238-reuni ... mulus.html

DadsAngry
Freshman
Freshman
Re: 238 - The Reunion 06 (Tremulus)

Post by DadsAngry » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:35 pm

Disappointing ending. You should have had them find a path that would have lead them back into the heart of town. Also I don't believe for a moment that any of the guys would have left Amanda to die. They were all fighting to sit next to her in the beginning of the adventure.

TravelerJim
Associate Professor

Post by TravelerJim » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:15 am

DadsAngry wrote:... I don't believe for a moment that any of the guys would have left Amanda to die.
I'll be honest, I was surprised that Cheryl was able to convince the men-folk to leave her behind. Not what I was expecting.

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Sorry you were disappointed in the ending DadsAngry. In truth the first Tremulus I have run and actually made to the end. In retrospect it could have gone longer or had a happy ending where we ended it. But que sera, sera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:23 pm

I enjoyed listening to the final session of this and the whole story throughout. Tremulus seems to be an interesting system, but to me I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it should be played.

I don't recall hearing, what story options were chosen? It sounded like at the end they were sent to the players, but I don't recall hearing them.

Also, what happened to Jon's character?!? Did they mob take him as he feverishly worked on his latest story? Did he escape, only to use this as inspiration? Did Cheryl secretly dismember his body and place it in the trunk of her car?
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:05 pm

trevlix wrote:I enjoyed listening to the final session of this and the whole story throughout. Tremulus seems to be an interesting system, but to me I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it should be played.

I don't recall hearing, what story options were chosen? It sounded like at the end they were sent to the players, but I don't recall hearing them.

Also, what happened to Jon's character?!? Did they mob take him as he feverishly worked on his latest story? Did he escape, only to use this as inspiration? Did Cheryl secretly dismember his body and place it in the trunk of her car?
I'm sure that's what happened. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the games due to the hour in which they were played for someone in the Central Time Zone. I was still knee-deep in being a dad to a couple of rambunctious snotlings during that hour.

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:I'm sure that's what happened. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the games due to the hour in which they were played for someone in the Central Time Zone. I was still knee-deep in being a dad to a couple of rambunctious snotlings during that hour.
That will happen.

As the mob was coming up, I honestly enjoyed picturing your character in his room working hard as inspiration had hit him only to be startled as a group of people brandishing torches burst into your room. Good times.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:07 am

A Pinch Authored Epilogue for Jon a la Trevlix. I approve this message ;-)

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:44 am

Mahaffa wrote:Sorry you were disappointed in the ending DadsAngry. In truth the first Tremulus I have run and actually made to the end. In retrospect it could have gone longer or had a happy ending where we ended it. But que sera, sera

To be fair, remember that the mechanics of the game have a "trust" scale, and it changes in-game. We adjusted the trust level on the characters and it changed the iteration. Amanda was such a Diva that Frankie felt disappointed, missing points of trust in the distribution. Something similar happened to other characters.

pxacrake
Freshman
Freshman

Post by pxacrake » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Have just finished listening to this series of podcasts and I must say thank you - it really helped me understand how tremulus plays.
Mahaffa, do you have any details of the framework and/or notes you developed for this story ?
Thanks.