A Victim Of The Art 07 & 08

Discussion of the Skype of Cthulhu podcast.
monkey prime
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: A Victim Of The Art 07 & 08

Post by monkey prime » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:30 pm

It was a great adventure, I liked it a lot. Kudos to you good sir!The ending had a good feeling to it, it was cinematic and I think the internal kitten was creepy and effective just a shame there wasn't time for it to escape its new home. The image of a tiny kitten protruding from someone's chest like a chestbuster from Alien, look around with its blood stained face, lick a paw and let out a tiny, high pitched meow is a strong one!

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:59 am

Yup. I was pretty much obligated to finish it when I told them at the end of session #10 we would be finished one way or another and that #11 would be the last session. :bla1:

Thanks for the kind words. It's nice to hear from people. I joke with the Skype Lads that we have 6 fans outside of our group but I know it's larger. ;)

On that note people have asked me to put up some other stuff. And a recent podcast of Murph at Gencon confirmed it.

So, for those watching this thread here's a link to a totally different outcome in "Dockside Dogs" that I ran at Aethercon 2013 (I sent it over to Keeper Dan but it occurs to me that understandably they may not want to have two versions of the same scenario when there are so many others):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/819e54n3jkrom ... 6.mp3?dl=0

And, I am also working at getting the podcast "right" for "Tell Me, Have You Seen The Yellow Sign?". This is one of the great, classic "short" scenarios for old COC runs. Written by Kevin Ross who IMO is one of the top five writers for pre 2000. Another one? Keith "Doc" Herber.

I have some tech issues before I can post them but I will put those over to the OTHER discussion folder. :( That may not go up right away but I expect it will be up within 48 hours. :roll:

Thanks again.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:01 am

Hi! Just finished up A Victim of the Art - absolutely great guys! Everybody played spectacularly! :) Kudos to Max for keeping on the morality binge in the face of pressuring DG agents! Played out beautifully in the end game!

A few questions, if I could look behind the curtain (yes they will be spoilers, don't read this if you haven't listened through yet)....

First - how did Agent Mason survive 14 points of gunshot wounds? Something from the Green Box?

Second - what actually put down the Ai Appa? Military guy have a solution, or was the psychic power for the dead teens finally run it's course and it collapsed on itself?

Once again - >loved< the scenario - great job all around, guys! :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:27 am

Thanks for the praise, Cory.

The Ai Apa details are above and Frank Mason will need to answer the other question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks Cory! Spoilers indeed - Agent Mason was alive after the 14 point bullet injection due to Keeper Benevolence and Story Continuance so let's just say ol' Frank is one lucky guy.

Thanks again and I hope we keep you as entertained on the next one as well!

Cheers

Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Oh yeah. That was a private Skype chat. I decided to keep him alive since there was only an hour left. And he had the kitten in his tummy so I knew he was doomed. I'm just glad Jim made it out since he is running next oh wait Max is heh.

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:15 am

Shannon Mac wrote:Oh yeah. That was a private Skype chat. I decided to keep him alive since there was only an hour left. And he had the kitten in his tummy so I knew he was doomed. I'm just glad Jim made it out since he is running next oh wait Max is heh.

Ha! Cool - yeah, glad Frank got a little universal karma for trying to save the innocent. (Although I guess he ultimately ended up with kitten belly in true Delta Green end game fashion. ;) )

Looking forward to your next plays!

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound