291 - Darkest Hour 10 (World War Cthulhu)

Discussion of the Skype of Cthulhu podcast.
TravelerJim
Associate Professor
291 - Darkest Hour 10 (World War Cthulhu)

Post by TravelerJim » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 pm

15 May, 1941
Saint-Cerneuf, France

Leo and Tom have been taken captive by the - presumably - evil cultists. Thelma and Jack have concocted a brilliant plan to rescue them by blowing up a truck with some grenades. What could go wrong?

Dramatis Persone:
  • Edwin as Thelma Balthe;
    Jim as Tom Drummond;
    Matt as Jack Barnes;
    Max as Leo Mullins;
    Randall as The Keeper of Arcane Lore.
http://www.cthulhu.me/2015/11/291-darke ... hulhu.html

monkey prime
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: 291 - Darkest Hour 10 (World War Cthulhu)

Post by monkey prime » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:16 pm

World War Cthulhu is my system of choice so it's been great to hear you guys running it. I tend to leave the detection rolls for when investigators are in densely populated areas and mostly in occupied territory. It's the inclusion of N and his network make this interesting as our games I've started dropping little details about him into stories. I've also started to tease the idea of there being tension between N and SOE. This is going to lead to them facing off against a twisted SOE higher up running multiple world ending plots in London with N having been almost blown up and them being seen as traitors to their country so having to use stealth and cunning to defeat the evil. I love the fact the material lets make the network what you want. Hope to see more of it!

WiseWolf
Associate Professor
Re: 291 - Darkest Hour 10 (World War Cthulhu)

Post by WiseWolf » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:54 pm

monkey prime wrote:World War Cthulhu is my system of choice so it's been great to hear you guys running it. I tend to leave the detection rolls for when investigators are in densely populated areas and mostly in occupied territory. It's the inclusion of N and his network make this interesting as our games I've started dropping little details about him into stories. I've also started to tease the idea of there being tension between N and SOE. This is going to lead to them facing off against a twisted SOE higher up running multiple world ending plots in London with N having been almost blown up and them being seen as traitors to their country so having to use stealth and cunning to defeat the evil. I love the fact the material lets make the network what you want. Hope to see more of it!

It is indeed very rich. We are back to WWII period but with Acthung Cthulhu. We were using DH as a temporary fill, but we can definitely create more scenarios using DH setting. There were many things unanswered that might be brought to life in later scenarios.