Solo adventures?

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
trevlix
Investigator
Investigator
Re: Solo adventures?

Post by trevlix » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Odin wrote:They are purchasable through the author or their publisher so that the author gets a cut? I wasn't able to find them anywhere that this is the case, plenty of used ones on ebay..
Probably not. I looked and could not find them outside of ebay or noble knight.
Odin wrote:EDIT: I should add, I don't promote piracy, and I legally purchase everything I have. The money flows like a river to my dismay. I just happened to find them there when google searching. Pretty much the only place I found them. Aside from the one that's currently free of charge on Chaosium.
I realized my last post probably sounded harsh and accusatory. Didn't mean that.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

trinite
Freshman
Freshman

Post by trinite » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm not quite sure whether you're looking for scenarios that you can play all alone (just you, no Keeper) or ones that you can play with a Keeper and a single player. Here is a free small collection of the latter type: Monophobia: A Fear of Solitude

EDIT: Sorry, I reread your post and you do make it clear that you're looking for truly solo, Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style games. So I suppose this won't be too helpful for you.

Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Bootlegger » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:41 pm

Thanks, trinite! Yes, I was primarily looking for the CYOA-type scenarios, but it's great to have some single-player with Keeper ones, as well. Looking forward to checking this out!

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:09 pm

There may be one in the upcoming Legends of New Orleans from GGP (a stretch goal for the Tales of the Cresent City Kickstarter). ;)
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Bootlegger » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:29 pm

Very cool - I'll check that out. Thanks for the heads-up!

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Also from the podcast Ken & Robin Talk about Stuff as of recent, Robin Laws who wrote the Gumshoe system put into the mythos with Ken Hite & Trail of Cthulhu, there is an upcoming Cthulhu Noir 1 on 1 bunch of stuff upcoming where Robin is putting together some unique rules to Gumshoe where it is going to be one player & one keeper/GM. Not sure when this will hit the shelves of Pelgrane or the friendly local game store but it's going up soon if anyone is out to try that or take things out of Call of Cthulhu & translate it to Gumshoe or vice versa.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Bootlegger » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, fox!

WitchDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by WitchDoctor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:33 am

I can say for certain that Alone on Halloween is a treat. I have been running my wife through each Halloween for a while. One of these years she'll defeat it. It helps to be familiar with Rocky Horror Picture Show, but in no way required.

Wendigo and Flame and another (I can't recall) Different Worlds solo adventure notwithstanding, that's my experience.