Reanimator Serum

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
KeeperAnthony
Freshman
Freshman
Reanimator Serum

Post by KeeperAnthony » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:32 pm

Hey All, I new Keeper here. I started up a new game of 7th edition and my players are loving it so far. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on rules for Herbert West's Reanimator Serum. The Spell Resurrection could work but it doesn't fit. Bodies on the Serum don't work that way and they don't really act like zombies either. They seem to me to be more like a Ghoul. What do you all think?
“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
Re: Reanimator Serum

Post by Nvision » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:39 pm

Do you have the PDF of the 7e Handbook? The "Create Zombie" spell seems like a logical starting point, and they go over suggestions for creating variants at the start of the Grimoire chapter. Because I love random tables I'd create one for establishing how the reanimated corpse acts, once the reagent has been administered. Will it babble incoherently, scream in pain, become psychotic, accept simple commands, or retain some form of sinister intelligence? It would be exciting to have players dabbling with the serum, socking away their lesser attempts, only to create a Major Clapham-Lee style of zombie, who then leads the others in a murderous rampage :p

KeeperAnthony
Freshman
Freshman

Post by KeeperAnthony » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Yes I have the 7th PDF. I like the idea of a random effect.
“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.”

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Sat May 30, 2015 3:57 pm

With this serum it hit a wide range of effects based on the people it was used on & what state they were in. So if you want to use it, throw it in the scenario/campaign & if the players want to use it, feel free to decide a simple chart to see if it works & then put a few permanent insanity rolls on top as bringing someone back might permanently damage the mind. This should give some variety to how the people are when they come back & then it's dealing with the consequences of bringing someone back to life who now will not die & what they might think of it (as they could like person bringing them back or very killing to everything).

Then there's parts, well bring back parts & just go with them being more animal/reactionary in motive unless you want to follow some horror movie idea of using the serum on some dead part to replace the damaged part on a living person then put in what you want on how much or how little the dead part has on the living person. Go with what fits best in the story & see where it leads.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)