What do you think?

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
SamS
Sponsor
Sponsor
What do you think?

Post by SamS » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:12 pm

I'm thinking of coming up with a Mythos Creature that is very good at hiding their intentions to the point of helping the investigators for a long period of time.
Using that time to draw them in and maybe, just maybe start changing how some of player characters perceive the mythos.
I would start out with the Creature being very beautiful and shows no sign of the mythos at all. Maybe pull the player characters out of some bad situations on a few occasions.
Get the players where they start to trust the creature and then ask the player characters to start doing small minor things for the creature.
Then maybe have them do some things that wouldn't be on the good side of the mythos.

Something like this would have to be done over a long period of time, but what do you think?
Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated.
Sam Stamps
Keeper of my own little reality.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: What do you think?

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:16 pm

That could be cool. Maybe it's another incarnation of Nyarlathotep. Maybe he/it could entice the investigators much like the Dark Side of The Force temps the Sith.

monkey prime
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by monkey prime » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:45 pm

From a story point of view that's a lot of fun to play with, its the sort of thing you can drop little seeds in for ages before paying it off. I've started giving my players emails with little sub-missions to make things more interesting and for one of them its to set him on the wrong path as his church sponsored group to which he belongs, alongside his commitments to the private investigators firm he belongs, is collecting mythos tomes. The problem being that the minister in charge of the Black Library, a storage facility for mythos tomes, has been driven mad by Hasteur and is looking to collect all the volumes of a series of books that form a key for the King In Yellow to return!

SamS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by SamS » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:32 am

monkey prime wrote:From a story point of view that's a lot of fun to play with, its the sort of thing you can drop little seeds in for ages before paying it off. I've started giving my players emails with little sub-missions to make things more interesting and for one of them its to set him on the wrong path as his church sponsored group to which he belongs, alongside his commitments to the private investigators firm he belongs, is collecting mythos tomes. The problem being that the minister in charge of the Black Library, a storage facility for mythos tomes, has been driven mad by Hasteur and is looking to collect all the volumes of a series of books that form a key for the King In Yellow to return!

Very Cool!
Sam Stamps
Keeper of my own little reality.