Need ideas for a Krampus scenario!

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor
Need ideas for a Krampus scenario!

Post by creatureslagoon » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 am

Hi all,

I am tossing around the idea of making a Krampus based scenario for my friends to run on Sunday for the holidays. Anyone have any cool ideas or twists come to mind for a plot or to tie old Krampus in with the Mythos? Any ideas will be most helpful and I will be sure to report back on this thread the outcomes to anyone who can help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Erich B.
Denton, TX

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Need ideas for a Krampus scenario!

Post by creatureslagoon » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:06 am

Oh yeah, this will be in the 1920s.

Erich B.
Denton, TX

monkey prime
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by monkey prime » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:29 pm

How about this:
Donnelly's Doll factory has all but shut down, its owner Phil Barnaby is depressed. He inherited the business from his father-in-law and now its nearly down the toilet and as his father is fond of reminding him "It's you at the reigns Phil, you gotta save it!". After letting his last workers go, Phil retires to his office intending to end his life. Unfortunately alcohol and a misfired shotgun blasts reveals the wall in his office hides a staircase. In the basement chained to the wall, Phil finds a hairy beast like monster. Initially Phil is repulsed by the creepy man, his sanity ebbs away and when the beast talks Phil is persuaded by his offer.
"Back when Donnelly was starting out Phil, he summoned me to help him out. He needed a work force and I needed to feed. We "helped" each other. Then the old man chickened out, thought people would start to suspect wanted to go legit, imprisoned me down here. But I'm reasonable, I can see beyond my walls here, I know you're in trouble. Why don't you let me go and we make the same deal? He didnt have the guts to be a success, do you? After all who would miss some kids, Phil?"
Phil makes a deal with the Krampus. Using his delivery vans, the Krampus steals children away from neighboring towns and cities, some serve as Phil's workforce allowing him to drop prices and undercut the opposition. The enchanted children the Krampus brings serve until they drop, at which point the krampus feeds. All well and good but the Krampus is getting hungrier and people are starting to notice kids missing.
The investigators can either be brought in for missing children or a rival toy company wanting to know how Donnelly dolls is still in business. Potential leads could be other children left behind, a sighting of a Donnelly's Dolls van close-by or maybe even a visit to old man Donnelly who is only too happy to run down his useless son-in-law.
Just a suggestion!

WinstonP
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by WinstonP » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:32 pm

There is a free Krampus scenario for Macabre Tales called The Shadow of Krampus -
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... of-Krampus

There is also a Krampus scenario in "Christmas in Kingsport", a Chaosium monograph. The scenario is of the same name -
http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.p ... cenario%29

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:12 pm

@ monkey prime, that sounds pretty awesome! I might try to tailor that some tonight and see if I can make it work out. Sounds like it is not your first time writing a scenario, with all that detail! Love the doll factory, that will be a great creepy investigation. I will work out some ideas tonight to expand on this, great stuff!
@WinstonP thanks for the links, I didn't know there was any Krampus stuff out there, especially Oscar Rios. Very cool!

Erich B.
Denton, TX

monkey prime
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by monkey prime » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Cool! If you need anything else give us a shout!

Couple of other things that might get brought in:
Along with his new factory work force, the Krampus brings in some new helpers to act as security, delivery drivers, secretary and even co-owner. These new helpers have very shiney faces and although they smile they eyes never really seem to smile as well. The truth is that they are giant dolls. It means they are immune to gun fire but weak around heat. While bumping up some encounters throughout, it also means the people they replaced are out there to question. How he brings the dolls to life could be either down to advanced tech or some form humuncli
Something else to consider could be how the Krampus was held. A book I read as a kid was called the Hounds of the Moragan and in one scene two witches are held by a daisy chain thrown round their hands. It kind of got me thinking about mighty entities held by ordinary materials. So I thought about paper chains that people hang at Christmas. What if he was held by paper chains inscribed with a Hungarian phrase: " Isten köti a fenevad, amely ellopja a fiatalok" ("God bind the beast that would steal our young").

Again just some ideas that came to me!

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:39 am

Had to pull some over time work, so trying to finish this up tonight to play tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes, thanks for all the great ideas! I can send you my write up, even though some of it like the maps I make will be hand drawn and not on there... In case you are curious, it will be a little rushed, but still will be fun I think.

Erich B.
Denton, TX

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:28 am

Well the Krampusnacht went very well and I used many of your ideas! Only one of four investigators died, got whipped to death in a burlap sack after wandering from the group and being caught. He was very naughty, lol.
Erich B.
Denton, TX

monkey prime
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by monkey prime » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:00 am

Great stuff! Would love to get a read at it if possible!