ToC

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: ToC

Post by fox01313 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Recently got some ToC stuff along with some other CoC books/pdfs, while I like some of the simplicity of the Trail rules, there's one thing that gets to me which is the diversity that you get from the character stats & without those stats in ToC, it just seems odd. Probably why if I try running ToC or play it, I'll roll up stats like in CoC just to get a better idea of the character's physical body even if not using those stats for anything more than creating a unique human over the rather generic mannequin in ToC. Now to just get more used to the idea of the dice pool in ToC skill use.

Heard good things about Bookhounds, Eternal Lies & been tempted to read through more of Shadows Over Filmland (have Shadows in a pdf which are interesting twists on the original horror Universal era films in Lovecraft settings). On one of the Ken & Robin Talk About Stuff podcast episodes with a good discussion that they have over Shadows Over Filmland & what went into designing it.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

lexicon
Freshman
Freshman

Post by lexicon » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:59 am

Okay, back for a take two. EL was a bit too heavy for the first crew.
I....ah....now have a second group of "volunteers"
Any suggestions on easing them into Trail?
I've run crunchy games in the past, but with ToC rules light format I'd like to try a more (sounds silly at this point in my gaming life) roleplaying take on the game.
Insights?
Suggestions?

I don't want to another group consumed by madness....just yet.
Judge for yourself its believably and then try to tell yourself, wherever you may be, it couldn't happen here.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:30 pm

lexicon wrote:Okay, back for a take two. EL was a bit too heavy for the first crew.
I....ah....now have a second group of "volunteers"
Any suggestions on easing them into Trail?
I've run crunchy games in the past, but with ToC rules light format I'd like to try a more (sounds silly at this point in my gaming life) roleplaying take on the game.
Insights?
Suggestions?

I don't want to another group consumed by madness....just yet.
Do the intro scenario "The Murderer of Thomas (somethingorother)". It's a fun scenario with what I found to be a fun twist in the end.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:07 pm

The Murder of Thomas Fell.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:32 pm

I played that one last weekend at an online event. It has potential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/