League of Extraordinary Gentlemen characters in CoC?

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen characters in CoC?

Post by creatureslagoon » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi all,
My players are wanting to do a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen CoC game (or games) and started doing up their characters after our last session. Sounds fun to me as the keeper, but just wondering if anyone has done this before, any ideas for new or existing scenarios, or any cool ideas I can use. My first step was to buy the Cthulhu by Gaslight corebook (which is on it's way). Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated!
Erich B.
Denton, TX

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen characters in CoC?

Post by Keeper Dan » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Good call on getting the Gaslight book. It will serve you well.

There aren't any long campaigns set in gaslight that I can think of, but it's not that hard to tweak any existing scenario into the era. Personally, I think a gaslight set version of Masks with the League investigating would be amazing. The adventure has a lot of pulp elements in it that you can play up to the characters' strengths. There is also the new Masks Companion that can give you a ton of info and ideas on the campaign.
I'm sure others will have ideas, but that's my initial thoughts.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:58 pm

That sounds like a good idea, haven't run Masks before so that would work well. I can't wait to get the gaslight book to see what it encompasses. Thanks!
Erich B.
Denton, TX

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:18 am

Just got the gaslight book in tonight and the league is already in it as NPCs, I had no idea, pretty hilarious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Erich B.
Denton, TX

Eibon
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Eibon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Of existing material, "The Eyes of the Blind" in Sacraments of Evil (sadly out of print) features a certain Devil Doctor and his organisation which connects up with the first League comicbook story. If you can find a copy it might be a place to start? You might be able to make something of the first adventure in the Gaslight book, something like the London bits of the film The Mummy Returns (2001), but the other adventure is not good and wouldn't work for the League even if you were to fix it's problems. I would also mine the comics. They are packed with references to Victorian literature and culture and these can be teased out into full plots if you want. Jess Nevins has written extensively on the background. I've read and enjoyed Heroes & Monsters: The Unofficial Companion to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (also OUP), which is full of interesting information.