New to CoC

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
NYCTom
Freshman
Freshman
Re: New to CoC

Post by NYCTom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:24 am

Thanks so much guys!

Looking into gaming groups right now. Based on the advice, here's what I'm doing

1.) Going to GenCon
2.) Enrolling into a CoC 6th Ed game, Arkham Horror BG, and a Delta Green Game while there
3.) Going to pester Kennith Hite on what is the deal with Trail of Cthulhu
4.) Finding a NYC gaming group

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: New to CoC

Post by Scriven » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Howard wrote:

I'm a gamer from 80'ish who passes the time at work with actual play podcasts. I've been with the Skype of Cthulhu show since the beginning as well. Because the game CoC is more investigative and less dice rolling, they make for the better Actual play shows.
Welcome aboard, NYCTom. I'll reinforce what Howard said by encouraging you to listen to a good chunk of the many high quality actual play sessions available online -- particularly those from the MU Podcast team, the Skype of Cthulhu group, or the good folks over at yog-sothoth.com (YSDC). Not only are those actual play sessions highly entertaining, but they're an excellent way to get one's feet wet with the BRP-based rules system. You'll also be able to get a sampling of multiple play styles and time period settings ranging from the ancient world to futuristic/sci-fi environments and everything in between.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who