Introduce Yourself

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Nvision » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:56 am

Thanks Jon! You can view some of my stuff here: http://nvisionillustration.com/ I should have more mythos-related stuff up over the next few weeks...

Cthuhugh
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Cthuhugh » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:18 am

Nvision wrote:Thanks Jon! You can view some of my stuff here: http://nvisionillustration.com/ I should have more mythos-related stuff up over the next few weeks...
Excellent stuff!

...and I bought the module with your artwork in it Ian,you can find it here http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... eep-Morgue
Steve Highfield in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario. Fenton Beanland in the Call of Cthulhu "The Inheritor " scenario.

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:56 pm

I've said it before in other venues, but the sheer amount of academic, artistic and literary talent that CoC seems to attract to its player base continually astounds me.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Nvision wrote:Thanks Jon! You can view some of my stuff here: http://nvisionillustration.com/ I should have more mythos-related stuff up over the next few weeks...
O! M! G! Ian, I am determined to find a way to work with you on a project. That is serious "Wow" work! Well done, sir.

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Cthuhugh wrote:Excellent stuff!

...and I bought the module with your artwork in it Ian,you can find it here http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... eep-Morgue
Oh, very cool! I didn't know it was out yet, it was a quick commission I got through the YSDC boards just over a month ago... While the review there wasn't glowing, I'm glad they thought the art was good :)

Jon, I'm always up for interesting projects, especially when Lovecraftian elements are involved. I've got a scenario I'm playtesting now and after initial feedback and revision I'd love to get some other opinions from a Keeper standpoint, if you'd be interested. I could do some art for the site or show notes in trade.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:58 pm

I just looked through your site. :o Wow, that's fantastic stuff. And you seem to be really fast at producing these.
I'm a listener to RPPR, and recognized your mention of Base Raiders. Very cool.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Nvision wrote:Jon, I'm always up for interesting projects, especially when Lovecraftian elements are involved. I've got a scenario I'm playtesting now and after initial feedback and revision I'd love to get some other opinions from a Keeper standpoint, if you'd be interested. I could do some art for the site or show notes in trade.
Absolutely. My email is jonhook@gmail.com, let's talk. :mrgreen:

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Didn't realize I hadn't posted in this thread. Hi, I'm Keeper Gladius! Aka Matt...

Let's see...I started playing CoC in the late 80s in high school, at a convention in Denver. I played it off and on in college and finally in the last 10 years have been running games as a keeper pretty consistently. I'm currently running an Invictus campaign - Legacy of Arrius Lurco (I'm recording it as an actual play audio - there's a thread in the general forum for it). I'm a pretty avid CoC collector/fanatic, and although I Keep a lot I don't get to play all that much...I went to GenCon this summer and got to play in 5 different CoC games, so that was a treat.

IRL, I'm a game designer for video games. I was one of the lead designers on the LEGO Universe MMO, and worked on several other games as well. I've also got a few side-projects related to paper-and-dice games, including one card/miniature game that I'm currently shopping around to publishers. I love talking about rules and trying out house rules for games.

I've got a bunch of ideas for topics for your podcast or the forum, I'll post those in the appropriate locations.

Thanks for the podcast, I've been enjoying it, in particular the history field trips with Dr. Gerard!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Welcome Gladius! Please post away, I look forward to chatting with you on various CoC topics. I also look forward to your Invictus recordings. Do you have a podcast you'll be posting it through? Please post the links in whichever forum is best suited for it, (I have no idea... I just work here).

:cthulhudance: :cthulhu2: :cthulhudance:

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 am

Keeper Jon wrote: Do you have a podcast you'll be posting it through? Please post the links in whichever forum is best suited for it
Not a podcast per se, I'm calling it "Signals from Celaeno" - I put a thread here:
http://mu-podcast.com/campus/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=135