Introduce Yourself

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by KeeperMurph » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Well back in the day I had a thing for alternative written languages. Of course I also used to write constitutions for micro-nations, so yeah.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:20 pm

And how many people do you think play Call of Cthulhu in Esperanto? That would be a hell of a thing.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:51 pm

SamS wrote:Hi Everybody. I've been playing and running CoC on and off for over 25 years. I know that sounds like a long time, there about 10 years in there where I did no gaming at all. Yes it was sad and I'm back running again.

Thanks,
Sam S.
Welcome, Sam -- and all of our other recent sign-ons. Having a similar background in terms of time away from the hobby, I'm always interested to hear what drew other people back to RPGs after a long absence. I think there's a story to be written here about the lifecycles of aging gamers, and what motivates or enables us to pick up the dice again. Without actually having done research, my gut feeling is that the gaming demographic is skewing older. That's good and bad. Good because it brings a greater fund of life experience to the hobby, which makes for rich, highly-nuanced games. On the other hand, we want to see enthusiastic new players hopping on board, too.

Just a couple random thoughts, there.

BTW, Keeper Dan -- I haven't thought about those Stainless Steel Rat books in years. Good memories, man.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

R.J. MacReady
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by R.J. MacReady » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:52 am

Dr. Gerard wrote:Please, please look up the film called Incubus starring William Shatner. You're welcome.
I own a copy of Incubus (no really). Speaking Esperanto really tones down Shatner's dramatic delivery...just kidding, he, still, is, Shatner, but...speaksinastrangesoundinglanguage. It's a strange film that's for sure.

I can get you a copy next time I see you Dr. G if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.”

― Werner Herzog

hastur
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by hastur » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Hello, long-time listener, first-time poster.

I heard there was a Deep Pool somewhere?
say it three times, girl
there's no tomorrow
and there's no today
say it three times
i'm not far away

i survived the Post GenCon Random Bizarre BS episode

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Hey hastur! Glass you finally spoke up!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:41 pm

We're also glad you spoke up. :D
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:01 am

I deserved that one...

Mindless-Focus
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Mindless-Focus » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:14 pm

So... Where do I begin? Guess I'm an oddball here. I'm not a gamer. I have a huge love for all things Lovecraftian. Lovecraft and his mythos has been a part of my life for about half my life. I collect all things Lovecraft/Cthulhu Mythos related. I'm really into the arts and crafts and am looking to start sculpting and painting my own mythos creatures and maybe giving the RPG a shot.

Heard about this podcast through the H.P. Podcraft Literary podcast. Devoured all the episodes of this one in a matter of a week and a half while at work. Its kinda weird though. In my efforts to accumulate mythos stuff, I've purchased quite a few RPG books over the years. I've bought Call of Cthulhu rulebooks and scource books because I either love the stories that they are telling and/or the art and stuff. So I have a few. Just never played. Don't know anyone who does. Really love the discussions and especially the Live Plays. Just started listening to those. Y'all should definitely do more. Guess that's enough rambling, see y'all on the boards!
NOT Steve ;)

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:41 am

@ mindless-focus, check out zombie quadrille online he has some great figures, I bought his cthulhu statue (looks just like lovecraft 's drawings!) and a bunch of his other stuff and will probably by more soon! Also, run a game for sure, I was brand new to rpgs only about 7 or so months ago but a huge lovecraft fan... And now I have got 6 other newcomers to CoC and prob will have a couple more try it soon. All love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Erich B.
Denton, TX