Introduce Yourself

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Ritterton » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:09 am

Hi folks,

Ritterton here - a gaming identity I have used "for decades," so will do so here. Coming back to CoC and I have to say the 7th Ed quick start rules and solo play was fun...may get my son and girlfriend to play...but limited to other players in a small NW rural community...Seattle is 3+hours away. So, always interested in other ways to possibly play. Prior to this recent experience, my last play was when Ronald Reagan was in the White House.

So glad to be here and able to learn more.

Favorite HPL -Rats in the Wall; Mountains too..
About HPL - Lovecraft at Last w. Willis Conover --- found an ex libiris copy for all of $2 a while back!

R

Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Bootlegger » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:16 am

Hi, Ritterton! Welcome!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Welcome Ritterton! What a great bookstore find!

Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ritterton » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:47 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:Welcome Ritterton! What a great bookstore find!
Yea, I was on cloud nine and it's just such a fun read.

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:37 am

Ritterton wrote:Hi folks,

Ritterton here - a gaming identity I have used "for decades," so will do so here. Coming back to CoC and I have to say the 7th Ed quick start rules and solo play was fun...may get my son and girlfriend to play...but limited to other players in a small NW rural community...Seattle is 3+hours away. So, always interested in other ways to possibly play. Prior to this recent experience, my last play was when Ronald Reagan was in the White House.

So glad to be here and able to learn more.

Favorite HPL -Rats in the Wall; Mountains too..
About HPL - Lovecraft at Last w. Willis Conover --- found an ex libiris copy for all of $2 a while back!

R
Welcome aboard, Ritterton. Out of curiosity, what brought you back to CoC? Was it the release of the new 7E, or was there some other prompt?

Agree with you on "Rats in the Walls" btw. Outstanding story.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ritterton » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:54 am

Scriven wrote:
Welcome aboard, Ritterton. Out of curiosity, what brought you back to CoC? Was it the release of the new 7E, or was there some other prompt?

Well, Scriven, after the divorce, I found myself looking at the various things I use to enjoy, but over time with kids and such, I drifted away. BUT, I also travel and so was listening to the HP Lovecraft podcast and there was a reference to CoC...then I came across the game in a store and said, boy I always enjoyed playing that....[NOTE: I have an unplayed copy of the Cthulhu Wars here across the room]. So, at another game shop I read through the London Players Guide booklet...and thought...hmh. So, I found the MU Podcast and listened to two of the podcasts and that did it. :D I found the 7th edition quick start, played the solo adventure Alone Against the Flames and loved it. Have picked up two CoC modules and am going to do one for my teen son, his friend, and my girlfriend. So, long answer --- but coming home...also have parts in two PBeM games as well thanks to the Podcast suggestion! So the keepers here at MU-podcast brought back a player into the fold!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Ritterton wrote:
Scriven wrote:

Well, Scriven, after the divorce, I found myself looking at the various things I use to enjoy, but over time with kids and such, I drifted away. BUT, I also travel and so was listening to the HP Lovecraft podcast and there was a reference to CoC...then I came across the game in a store and said, boy I always enjoyed playing that....[NOTE: I have an unplayed copy of the Cthulhu Wars here across the room]. So, at another game shop I read through the London Players Guide booklet...and thought...hmh. So, I found the MU Podcast and listened to two of the podcasts and that did it. :D I found the 7th edition quick start, played the solo adventure Alone Against the Flames and loved it. Have picked up two CoC modules and am going to do one for my teen son, his friend, and my girlfriend. So, long answer --- but coming home...also have parts in two PBeM games as well thanks to the Podcast suggestion! So the keepers here at MU-podcast brought back a player into the fold!
Achievement unlocked!!! Welcome back! :cthulhudance:

Mark Siefert
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Introduce Yoursel

Post by Mark Siefert » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Greetings everyone!

I've been a Lovecraft fan since 7th grade when I found a recommendation for Call of Cthulhu in the old West End Games' Ghostbusters RPG. A search of the local library led me to a copy of The Dunwich Horror & Others and from that point on, Great Cthulhu had me in his tentacled embrace. Right now, I'm involved in a biweekly game of 6th Ed. in Madison, and I'd love to get a 7th Ed.campaign going if I can find the players. Other Lovecraftian gaming milieus that interest me include Invictus, Dark Ages, and Delta Green. I fancy myself a writer and for the past couple of years I've been toying with the idea of fleshing out Lovecraft's Mu into a horror/sword-&-sorcery setting.
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

"Well Mike, I guess it's just a magical land. I HATE MAGICAL LANDS!"
—Crow T. Robot,
MST3K, "Jack Frost"

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:48 am

Welcome Mark! Ia Ia and a hearty Cthulhu Fthaghan to you :-)

I hope you find what you are looking for in the bowels of Miskatonic University. If you post an LFP in the "Tales of Mystery and Adventure" sub-forum I am sure you will get responses.

TTFN (Tentacle-Ta For Now)

Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Bootlegger » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:40 am

Welcome, Mark!