Introduce Yourself

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
technuthulhu
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by technuthulhu » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks for the response Keeper Jon! I hope you had a great time at Gen Con. I'd love to make that trek or a better yet, a trek to NecronomiCon. Maybe the stars are right and I'll be able to sweet talk the right Elder God… (Dear wife, if you read this, I meant that in the best possible way! Honestly!)

As I continue to catch up to podcast "present", I'll keep an ear out for you all discussing large groups. There's a ton of great information in each show and I enjoy all the dialog. Keep up the great work and thank you.

Kindest Regards,
--ron.

Wordcraftian
Senior
Senior

Post by Wordcraftian » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:10 am

Welcome to all the new members! I'm here off and on, but I look forward to engaging in some epic discussion.

viscounteric
Freshman
Freshman

Post by viscounteric » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:27 am

After a year, I might as well introduce myself.

Hi, I'm viscounteric. Playing since '94, running an on going 1920's Avatar game since 2007 or so. Seven years and a mere 24 sessions later, we're down to one investigator from episode one as the other just witnessed some disturbing artwork and is running crazed through the streets of London for the next ten months.

Outside of our one old timer who has mixed Mythos tomes and steady trips to the "spa" to keep him on the bare edge of sanity with a 25 in Cthulhu Mythos, a bunch of newbies rushing to the head of the class, our only rock is former prep school teacher Steven O'Hara. Whether it's impaling on shot to the head of a KKK Grand Wizard/Cthugua High Priest, rolling 03 (out of 91) and 01 (out of 12) on Physics and Cthulhu Mythos respectively to discover a number of improvements that could be made on a mad scientist's dimensional portal, or casually walking out of a haunted cabin and barricading the door from the outside while a bunch of newbies "handle things", the only things he can't succeed in are his separation and near divorce with his wife and an academic career that interfers with his mythos "hobby"
The log of the CoC games http://gamingwiththegnomies.blogspot.com/p/call-of.html... and some gnomes.

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:53 pm

viscounteric wrote:After a year, I might as well introduce myself.

Hi, I'm viscounteric. Playing since '94, running an on going 1920's Avatar game since 2007 or so. Seven years and a mere 24 sessions later, we're down to one investigator from episode one as the other just witnessed some disturbing artwork and is running crazed through the streets of London for the next ten months.

Outside of our one old timer who has mixed Mythos tomes and steady trips to the "spa" to keep him on the bare edge of sanity with a 25 in Cthulhu Mythos, a bunch of newbies rushing to the head of the class, our only rock is former prep school teacher Steven O'Hara. Whether it's impaling on shot to the head of a KKK Grand Wizard/Cthugua High Priest, rolling 03 (out of 91) and 01 (out of 12) on Physics and Cthulhu Mythos respectively to discover a number of improvements that could be made on a mad scientist's dimensional portal, or casually walking out of a haunted cabin and barricading the door from the outside while a bunch of newbies "handle things", the only things he can't succeed in are his separation and near divorce with his wife and an academic career that interfers with his mythos "hobby"
Greetings, viscounteric! Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you have quite a campaign going, gratz! Looking forward to the war stories! :)

Have fun in the hallowed halls of MU! :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:56 am

viscounteric wrote:After a year, I might as well introduce myself.

I echo Cory's welcome. Welcome!

I love the sound of your campaign. We'd all love to hear more. Please share.

Thanks for listening,
Jon

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:05 am

Keeper Jon wrote:EddyPo is a hack. ;)
Hmmm- seems like Jon has some good stories to share as well! :science:

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Zjiv
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Zjiv » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:41 pm

Alrighty then, Zjiv/Zjivagoth here. Began playing RPGs some 25 years ago, CoC was actually one of the first we played back in the days, but we played pretty much everything. Regretfully the last 10 years or playing has been very infrequent, I haved moved around a lot. Thankfully there are these wonderful podcasts :D Found MU about 6 months ago and listened up on all the games sessions, enjoyed it immensely, cant wait for more Masks sessions. Still have some kind of ambition to play some games myself at some point, until then I mostly collect whatever I can find Cthulhu related.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:41 am

Hi Zjiv! Welcome, and thanks for listening! What else have you played, and have you a favorite CoC supplement or adventure?

Zjiv
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Zjiv » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:25 am

Keeper Jon wrote:Hi Zjiv! Welcome, and thanks for listening! What else have you played, and have you a favorite CoC supplement or adventure?
Hi Jon, thanks.
Well early on we mostly played Swedish RPGs, as teenagers and new to the whole RPG thing it was just easier. There was a pretty generic fantasy and a post-apocalyptic one, and also a translating of Chill. Over time we tested all kinds of stuff from all genres though, came in contact with CoC in the late eighties I believe. In the early 90s we played quite a bit of Kult, by far the most original domestic RPG from that era.
In more modern time on the few occasions when we manage to get the old group together its either CoC, Paranoia or the new Starwars RPG.

Favorite CoC, hmm. Though I never gotten to play it I really like the look and feel of Horror on the orient express, and would love to try it out at some point. Of the stuff I actually have played I enjoyed Tatters a lot. Choosing from MUs liveplay is tricky but Murfs performance in the Ilsley variant made in into something special for sure. Have enjoyed everything you put out there so far though, cant wait for next episode of Masks.

KeeperAntUK
Sophmore
Sophmore
Introduce Yourself

Post by KeeperAntUK » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Hey there :D

Firstly, thanks to the guys for getting me registered after a few technical hitches !

I'm a long-time British gamer having started way back in 1979 ... Blimey! Just realised that means I've been a gamer for about 36 years covering five different decades :shock:

Started playing Cthulhu at 2nd Ed and been playing ever since. I am currently in the middle of running a home written 'Introduction to the Laundry' campaign for my group. It's the biggest campaign I've ever written, covering two era's which will eventually come together at the finale !

I love listening to the podcasts while I'm out running ... I'm sure some passers-by tell their friends and family about the 'giggling jogger' who clearly loves running :lol:

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone and I believe it's the proper form to say 'Go Pods' 8-)