Introduce Yourself

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by KeeperMurph » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:02 pm

Bosco also meet with me at Necronomicon, and plays in my weekly game. He's a hell of a guy.

Have YOU seen the yellow sign?

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:03 pm

UndeadDomain wrote:Hey MU Faculty and students, UndeadDomain saying hey. I been listening to your podcast for a few months now and I must say i love listening in to your discussions on the game and hobby. I haven't gotten to the most recent but I'm almost there. I have only played the game once at RetCon in Long Island and that was my first experience, once I played it I was hooked. Previously I played a lot of storytelling system games and never even heard of CoC. But once my eyes were opened to the world of cosmic horror, I have never looked back.
I managed to get my gaming group (who plays mostly Pathfinder) and was able to run a game for them in CoC and I got them into it. Now that we finished our Pathfinder game they were convinced to play a CoC campaign and I been spending the last week researching things to make a campaign on. When I listened to your sandbox podcast, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I'm currently coming up with a Miskatonic University Sandbox game for my group with them starring as students during their first semester and on. I have you guys to thank for that inspiration. I'm hoping (if they survive) that after they graduate I can get them right into the Beyond The Mountains of Madness Campaign.
Thanks for your podcast and I hope to be an active member on this forum and look forward to listening to the rest of the podcast (need to get up to date haha)
Awesome! Glad you're here!

UndeadDomain
Freshman
Freshman

Post by UndeadDomain » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:05 am

Thanks a lot for welcoming me. I was thinking maybe starting a thread on the sandbox for advice and ideas. Since this will be my first time running a campaign for Call of Cthulhu, any advice would be welcome. What do you guys think?

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:57 pm

We have an episode on sand boxing that you should listen to. Also I think or next episode will be of interest to to as well. The key to sand boxing is prep work, make sure you are familiar with a number of possible npcs that the investigators might encounter. And be sure you have a few hooks to different encounters because once the players start there is no telling where they might end up. That being said, you can still direct then to certain encounters via clues that you can place throughout the session. I hope you have fun with it man!

flashbackjuice
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by flashbackjuice » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:59 am

Hey guys. My name is Jonathan and I posting this all the way from Japan. I've been a lowly lurker to the forum for some time since getting into the podcasts, and it feels like the stars are right to finally register into the university and take part in the madness! Miskatonic University's podcasts are wonderfully accessible, and I'm learning so much about the world of the Cthulhu roleplaying games. The Live Plays are just as entertaining and illuminating! The forum looks like it has some great topics and really on the ball forumites, and I can't wait to leap in!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:28 am

Hey Jonathan, welcome! We're glad you're enjoying the shows and live plays. If there's a subject you'd like to hear us discuss, please post about here on the forums or please feel free to leave us a voicemail. And I'm sure I speak for the other guys too, we'd love to hear more about Japan... the local culture and the gaming scene too.

Welcome. :cthulhu1:

skyman
Freshman
Freshman

Post by skyman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:42 am

:cthulhudance:
I think I forgot to introduce myself. I am skyman. I play CoC. I listen to MUP. I am from San Diego. I like to write scenarios. I like to draw

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:41 am

Hi all! My name is Cory, caddy1071 just about everywhere geeky, and a huge fan of the show. Picked it up in September and through many chores and ill-conceived notions of running a 5K (uh, that's FAR off ;) ), I'm within two episodes of reaching your present. I just wanted to get on and tell ya how great the show has been and how much of an affect it's had - your podcast has singularly expanded my podcast and game supplement collection to insanity inducing levels. (part of the reason it's taking so long to get to the present.) You guys run a great, informative show, and I look forward to a long future to your podcasts!

As for me, I'm another long time RPG loving geek in the Chicagoland area that started my renaissance a little earlier in at the turn of this century, got sucked in by my board gaming hobby into Arkham Horror, which spurred me learning about Lovecraft and eventually Call of Cthulhu. I'm still a traditional RPG guy (D&D and morphed into Pathfinder), however bar none, our groups best roleplaying experiences have been playing CoC - the game and interaction between players is phenomenal. So, looking to expand my horizons playing more CoC, and absolutely loving all your contributions to the game through your excellent podcast.

Heydere, all! :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi Skyman and Cory. Welcome!

We're glad you're enjoying the show, and we're glad that you're on the forums. :)

Gerall
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Gerall » Sun May 11, 2014 2:21 pm

I'm Gerall (both on this forum and on YSDC), and I've been listening since the beginning.

My gaming habit started in 1982 when a newfound group of friends invited me to an AD&D game. I was there to watch at first, but the DM got a copy of _White Plume Mountain_ and the player of the group's magic user called foul. "I didn't spend all this time getting my character to 6th level to kill him in one of those published meat grinders!"

I offered to be the magician for the group, and was given a copy of the other guy's character to run (with the caveat that if my copy died, the original would remain unscathed). We had a great time, and I've been hooked since.

Call of Cthulhu showed up in '85 ~86. Then, I played a lot of RuneQuest. I've been addicted to BRP's flexibility since.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
--Gerall
Hide from the stars!