Introduce Yourself

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
Mindless-Focus
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Mindless-Focus » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

I'd love to. Just don't know anyone else who does. I'll check Zombie's stuff out. I have a few pieces from cryptocurium and others.
NOT Steve ;)

DavFlamerock
Freshman
Freshman

Post by DavFlamerock » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:27 am

I've actually been lurking & listening to the podcast now for months, but I figured I ought to pipe up & introduce myself. I'm Dav Flamerock, a recent college grad who's been into Lovecraft for years. I was running Cthulhu RPG scenarios before I knew there even was a Cthulhu RPG (I just used a D&D ruleset my friends knew & said "It's basically in a New England-like setting with minimal magic), and have been slowly writing & running sessions over the past couple years. Just as I was working out my third adventure, though, I went back and revised my first one, so progress is still pretty slow. Nevertheless, writing RPG adventures is fun, and I'd love to help collaborate around here!

Also, as I'm finally getting settled in a new city, I'd love to know if there were any locals down for some pick up sessions. Is the "Tales of Mystery" section below a legit place to post for looking for local players?

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Welcome aboard Dav! Glad to see some younger guys popping in! You're welcome to use the Tales of Mystery to find a local group, what city are you in?

DavFlamerock
Freshman
Freshman

Post by DavFlamerock » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:15 pm

KeeperMurph wrote:Welcome aboard Dav! Glad to see some younger guys popping in! You're welcome to use the Tales of Mystery to find a local group, what city are you in?
Outside Boston area. Some of my friends from college are around here, but at the moment none of us are free for regular sessions (though that's definitely a desirable goal). I hope to fill out a group or two for playing/testing my scenarios (which are 5-9 hour adventures, depending), so the more the merrier!

Toddsoggua
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Toddsoggua » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:11 am

Hey gents, I believe I forgot to formally introduce myself here earlier, although I have on Google +. I'm 20+ yr keeper and discovered the podcast early this past summer. I've just finished listening to all the back episodes and, after a long break, recently brought five first time players to the table when I ran The Haunting and The Crack'd and Crook'd Manse. I also have a copy of Achtung Cthulhu coming my way soon as well as Cthulhu by Gaslight. Can't wait to jump into thoe settings. As I've said before, thanks for doing what you do here.

WellMoustachioed
Freshman
Freshman

Post by WellMoustachioed » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:28 pm

Hello MU! I found you guys just doing a search for "Cthulhu" in Downcast. I'm hooked. I love Call of Cthulhu, but I rarely get to play. Trying to get my D&D 4e group to give Trail of Cthulhu a shot, but it's an uphill battle. I've never tried an online game, but I'm interested to see how it works. Cheers, from Madison, WI. Go Pods!

UndeadDomain
Freshman
Freshman

Post by UndeadDomain » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:30 am

Hey MU Faculty and students, UndeadDomain saying hey. I been listening to your podcast for a few months now and I must say i love listening in to your discussions on the game and hobby. I haven't gotten to the most recent but I'm almost there. I have only played the game once at RetCon in Long Island and that was my first experience, once I played it I was hooked. Previously I played a lot of storytelling system games and never even heard of CoC. But once my eyes were opened to the world of cosmic horror, I have never looked back.
I managed to get my gaming group (who plays mostly Pathfinder) and was able to run a game for them in CoC and I got them into it. Now that we finished our Pathfinder game they were convinced to play a CoC campaign and I been spending the last week researching things to make a campaign on. When I listened to your sandbox podcast, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I'm currently coming up with a Miskatonic University Sandbox game for my group with them starring as students during their first semester and on. I have you guys to thank for that inspiration. I'm hoping (if they survive) that after they graduate I can get them right into the Beyond The Mountains of Madness Campaign.
Thanks for your podcast and I hope to be an active member on this forum and look forward to listening to the rest of the podcast (need to get up to date haha)

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:14 am

Welcome welcome! Campaign since great -- shoot us some updates when you get a chance!

[Sounds. Meant to say the campaign sounds great. Just caught this phone typo.]
Last edited by Dr. Gerard on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:21 am

I've been on board since the podcast started. Only Cthulu knows how I found it. it's opened a new world for me, that I have enjoyed very much.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:06 pm

BoscoBoy wrote:I've been on board since the podcast started. Only Cthulu knows how I found it. it's opened a new world for me, that I have enjoyed very much.
Cool. Glad you're enjoying it. :mrgreen: