Introduce Yourself

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
cookiegerard
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by cookiegerard » Fri May 31, 2013 7:55 pm

Hello all,

My username is Cookie and I found this website through a post I made regarding Call of Cthulhu on another site. Keeper Dan was kind enough to reply to me, clearing up the problem I had and was even more kind enough to link me to this site. I've listened to a number of the podcasts, loved every single one of them, and thought they were a great help learning more about the game.

So far I have only one game of Call of Cthulhu under my belt, acting as the keeper, but hopefully it is only the first of many.

I have read the Necronomicon, the collection of short stories form H.P Lovecraft naturally, not the Book of the Dead, and really enjoyed it.

Just wanted to introduce myself myself and say thanks for making such a helpful site and podcast.
Games as Keeper: 2
Players killed: 1

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Fri May 31, 2013 9:59 pm

Hey Cookie, welcome! I am glad we reached another person. We have a great community here so I think you will be fine in your future games.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:39 am

Hi there. I'm glad you found my post and info helpful. I try to scan the InterTubes for folks with questions about the game and lend a hand.
Welcome to Miskatonic!
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm Scott, and I've been playing and running Call of Cthulhu for around thirty years. I'm based in the UK and can often be found at game conventions here, where I run a variety of horror games.

I also do a bit of writing for various RPGs, including Call of Cthulhu, Trail of Cthulhu and Cthulhu Dark. I recently edited 7th Edition Call of Cthulhu, and wrote the scenario which will be bundled with the Keeper's screen.

I love the podcast! It's informative and fun, and populated by great personalities. Long may it last!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Scott Dorward wrote:I'm Scott, and I've been playing and running Call of Cthulhu for around thirty years. I'm based in the UK and can often be found at game conventions here, where I run a variety of horror games.

I also do a bit of writing for various RPGs, including Call of Cthulhu, Trail of Cthulhu and Cthulhu Dark. I recently edited 7th Edition Call of Cthulhu, and wrote the scenario which will be bundled with the Keeper's screen.

I love the podcast! It's informative and fun, and populated by great personalities. Long may it last!
Thanks for joining the forum, Scott. After running Fairyland, I've become a fast fan of your work. Could we get a scenariography of your other horror adventures?
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:Thanks for joining the forum, Scott. After running Fairyland, I've become a fast fan of your work. Could we get a scenariography of your other horror adventures?
That's really kind of you to say that! Thanks!

As well as Fairyland, I've written the following, all of which are either in print or coming soon:

Blackwater Creek, a 1920s Call of Cthulhu scenario set in the Miskatonic Valley, which will be in with the Keeper's screen.
The Final Revelation, which is the framing scenario for Graham Walmsley's purist adventures for Trail of Cthulhu. I think this is due out in the next week or two.
The scenarios in the two issues of the Hot War Transmission. Hot War is, in my opinion, the most underrated horror game around.
The Curse of Karak-Azim, a dark sword and sorcery scenario in the Serpent's Teeth anthology for Jaws of the Six Serpents.
Lamp Posts in Bloom, an Unknown Armies one-shot, published in Protodimension magazine,
I also wrote a number of sections of the second edition of Dead of Night, including a scenario called When Johnny Came Home.

I'm working on a new Call of Cthulhu project with Paul Fricker and Matthew Sanderson at the moment, and I hope we'll be in a position to start talking about it soon.

Thanks again for the support!
Last edited by Scott Dorward on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Ah, Hot War is from the same company as A/State... Yet another game I've been meaning to get for ages and ages...
Hmm, seems they have a store on their site... time to check some prices... :cthulhudance:

shownotfound
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by shownotfound » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Greetings folks!

I'm Andy (shownotfound is just the handle I tend to use on twitter, etc) and I am a huge HP Lovecraft fan, although my experience with CoC itself is pretty short. I came to find the MU-Podcast from the HP Podcraft guys talking about it, and have been a fan since the get go. Great guests, chemistry between the hosts and very well done live plays have all kept me around.

I've worked through all the Lovecraft stories that I can get me hands on, and have suffered (?) through all the movies based on his work as well. Currently involved in a SAGA Edition Star Wars campaign (since 2009, monthly) and a Shadowrun group that meets every other week. I've chipped into the Kickstarter for CoC 7th and want to get my hands on my first edition of the books!

I'm a bit of an audio nerd (do my own podcast) , and have been wracking my brain to try to come up with a segment for the MUP, but you guys have set the bar so high, and my unfamiliarity with the specific settings have made such a daunting task!

Glad to be part of the community!

R.J. MacReady
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by R.J. MacReady » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:34 pm

My name is Tim and I first played Call of Cthulhu back in the mid 1980s for several years and sort of drifted away from roleplaying games, but I’ve been trying to step back into playing CoC specifically since last fall. I’m hoping to make some CoC acquaintances through the forum as I’m looking to do some gaming online or even in person if it works out (anyone in NYC?).

I’ve very much enjoyed every episode of MU podcast and have found it an invaluable resource. It’s also quite entertaining to boot what with the interactions of the hosts and the laughs at the expense of that poor bastard Jimmy.

I’m also a big fan of Lovecraft’s writing and we even share being born in the same city of Providence RI (that’s where the similarities end however). I’m quite excited to be heading there for Necronomicon in August as it promises to be a fantastic time.

Just wanted to introduce myself on the forum and say hello.
“What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.”

― Werner Herzog

Russacky
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Russacky » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Hey All,

My names James and I'm super new to CoC RPG but not to Lovecraft himself.

Currently running 'the Haunting' and I've already got one Investigator in the Hospital, one eating rats and one missing a nipple.
:cthulhudance:

I absolutely love the podcast (up to episode 11) and it's has been a massive help to my Investigators and myself.

Anyway, glad to meet you all and Gooooooooooooooo Pods!
ystell'bsna grah'n hupadgh cthulhu ytharanak n'gha

Image by Alan Bao (not me) http://alanbao.tumblr.com/
IRC 4 LYF