UNDEAD & UNBOUND

Lovecraft, any of his circle of friends, and any other horror/weird fiction authors and stories.
CthulhuDude
Sophmore
Sophmore
UNDEAD & UNBOUND

Post by CthulhuDude » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Chaosium has at long last released this beast. Yes, it's not Mythos related, but if you check out the table of contents below, you will spot many names of folks that love Lovecraft just like you. What is Undead & Unbound? well...

UNDEAD & UNBOUND is an anthology of short stories that celebrates those who have returned from the grave — in all their glory and in whatever form they take. You will find the famous blood-drinkers and flesh eaters here, but also ghosts, patched-together reanimates, fiends of myth and folklore, and some not-so-easily-identifiable creatures from beyond the grave.

Nineteen tales take the undead to their limits. From the distant past to the far-flung future, and to all corners of the Earth, the undead are eternal and everywhere: symbiotes, parasites, monster mash-ups and ghoulish grins, bleak tales of inescapable dread, an ancient evil from a far-away land with unspeakable dietary needs, a boy and his…well, it’s not a dog. History is brought to (un)life. Ghosts, specters, phantoms and haunts of every sort. Not-so-easily-classifiable stories that do new things with the basic premise of what’s alive, what’s dead, and what’s neither.

And yes, you lovers of all things zombie—fear-not, for your favorite flesh eaters are here but, thankfully, not exactly as you would expect them.

Undead & Unbound celebrates all things from beyond the grave, the different, and no matter how old the bones, new life can always be found.

Selected and edited by Brian M. Sammons and David Conyers with cover art by Paul Mundie, here are 288 pages featuring the following authors and tales.

“Blind Item” by Cody Goodfellow
“Dead Baby Keychain Blues” by Gary McMahon
“A Personal Apocalypse” by Mercedes M. Yardley
“The Unexpected” by Mark Allan Gunnells
“Incarnate” by David Dunwoody
“Marionettes” by Robert Neilson
“Undead Night of the Undeadest Undead” by C.J. Henderson
“I Am Legion” by Robert M. Price
“When Dark Things Sleep” by Damien Walters Grintalis
“Descanse En Paz” by William Meikle
“Thunder in Old Kilpatrick” by Gustavo Bondoni
“Phallus Incarnate” by Glynn Owen Barrass
“Wreckers” by Tom Lynch
“Scavenger” by Oscar Rios
“In the House of Millions of Years” by John Goodrich
“Romero 2.0” by Brian M. Sammons and David Conyers
“Mother Blood” by Scott David Aniolowski
“The Unforgiving Court” by David Schembri
“North of the Arctic Circle” by Pete Rawlik

Please pick up a copy, give it a read, and let me know what you thought of it.
“Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.” ― Robert Bloch

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: UNDEAD & UNBOUND

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:04 pm

I will attest that the book so far is fantastic. I am about 5 stories in and it is quite good. It was especially nice having read Blind Item by Cody Goodfellow and then being able to talk with him about that in Providence. My reading list has swelled, but as soon as I finish it there will be a spot on the show about it.

CthulhuDude
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: UNDEAD & UNBOUND

Post by CthulhuDude » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm happy you are digging the book so far and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. :)
“Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.” ― Robert Bloch