Welcome to Night Vale

Lovecraft, any of his circle of friends, and any other horror/weird fiction authors and stories.
Koakai
Sponsor
Sponsor
Welcome to Night Vale

Post by Koakai » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:20 am

Heard about a strange podcast today. Called 'Welcome to Night Vale' it is done in the style of a small town radio broadcast of a strange town in the desert.

Very, very interesting. Kind of hard to describe, but very lovecraftian in feel. :fhtagn:
PH.D candidate -M.U. Western Annex

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Post by Howard » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:41 am

Must see it. :geek:

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:26 am

Cool, thanks for the share. I'm subscribing now.
Here is the main site for it- http://www.commonplacebooks.com/p/blog-page.html
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:01 am

Big thanks for finding this as it's been quite entertaining so far like some night gaunt coming down to not only tickle you but doing so with some Groucho Marx glasses/moustache on it. With the short length these have been good to go through & tempted to just get a ton of them then burn it to a cd to listen to in the car further enriching the radio format of the show. Once I move I need to get one of the Night Vale mugs as I'll have more room for it.

Best so far I think early on have been the stuff about the dog park, which makes me really want to get a few people (in robes) with some stuffed animals on leashes & flash mob at night the dog park near my friend's place to get his & other reactions. One delightful Lovecraftian description in one episode where it describes the sound of something being akin to the laughter of dozens of children getting caught in a combine harvester.

They did a great job too after a few episodes in about audible.com too.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:21 pm

fox01313 wrote: Best so far I think early on have been the stuff about the dog park, which makes me really want to get a few people (in robes) with some stuffed animals on leashes & flash mob at night the dog park near my friend's place to get his & other reactions.
There is no dog park.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:39 pm

I'm obsessed with this podcast. It's exactly the kind of experimental program that can only come from podcasting. And I love it.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:27 pm

I love how they have the constant rotation of station interns. Their numerous deaths were for the greater glory of Night Vale.

And Cactus Bluffs can go to hell. :angry7: :angry6: :angry4: :angry2: :angry1: :angry3: :angry9:
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Keeper Dan wrote:I love how they have the constant rotation of station interns. Their numerous deaths were for the greater glory of Night Vale.
The intern memorial in the station cafeteria is quite lovely. You should visit it some time.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/