The Mist - Movie

Lovecraft, any of his circle of friends, and any other horror/weird fiction authors and stories.
Mahaffa
Junior
Junior
The Mist - Movie

Post by Mahaffa » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:51 am

Well color me surprised when I saw this little gem last night.

Horror - Check
Tentacles - Check
Grim as F*** - Check

I wouldn't say it's Super Duper Amazing, bit it was a worthwhile viewing. I was definitely surprised at how far down the rabbit hole this movie went. I would recommend giving it a shot, taking a stab at it, or some other violence themed saying you care for :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
Re: The Mist - Movie

Post by Nvision » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Nice! Glad you got to see this one, it's always an awesome surprise when someone discovers a film or book after the hype around it has quieted. I loved this one from when I first saw it, it's an excellent King-esque take on Lovecraftian horror, where people themselves are just as terrible as the otherwordly antagonists. I think the ending would make Lovecraft himself uneasy...

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:34 pm

I loved this movie too. The ending was a jarring to say the least.
Nvision wrote:Nice! Glad you got to see this one, it's always an awesome surprise when someone discovers a film or book after the hype around it has quieted. I loved this one from when I first saw it, it's an excellent King-esque take on Lovecraftian horror, where people themselves are just as terrible as the otherwordly antagonists. I think the ending would make Lovecraft himself uneasy...
Not a hack!

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:41 am

Yes to both of your comments!
The people's "transformation" as well as the ending were very good. Not where I was expecting it to go at all. Next up on the docket is Nightbreed. Another I have heard some about but no spoilers and just never had a chance to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk