Most Ridiculous Equipment

Gear, stuff, supplies... The things that make encumbrance rules a serious consideration for your GM.
hastur
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Most Ridiculous Equipment

Post by hastur » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:24 pm

Wordcraftian wrote:Once had a character toss a load of c4 in his trunk. He'd never played CoC before... One car accident later and his ass was grass.
C4 is delicious. not a particularly vibrant nose to it, but piquant with subtle fruity tones.

its also, unfortunately, remarkably stable. you can stomp on it while is on fire and it won't detonate.
say it three times, girl
there's no tomorrow
and there's no today
say it three times
i'm not far away

i survived the Post GenCon Random Bizarre BS episode

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:49 pm

One thing just thought of slightly ridiculous but simple to use in car chases would be the following: 2 split logs/firewood of descent size, attached together with about 1 foot of chains, some glue, a drill & dynamite. Just drill one log with a hole for the dynamite, add glue to keep it in, light & throw.

The one ahead in the chase cam light one and toss it where the car behind will need a drive check to avoid the log getting stuck under the car (stopping it or slowing it) then boom. Also good for cultists trying to escape then fumbling the flame to blow the whole car up too if you want a pulpy game.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:36 pm

fox01313 wrote:One thing just thought of slightly ridiculous but simple to use in car chases would be the following: 2 split logs/firewood of descent size, attached together with about 1 foot of chains, some glue, a drill & dynamite. Just drill one log with a hole for the dynamite, add glue to keep it in, light & throw.

The one ahead in the chase cam light one and toss it where the car behind will need a drive check to avoid the log getting stuck under the car (stopping it or slowing it) then boom. Also good for cultists trying to escape then fumbling the flame to blow the whole car up too if you want a pulpy game.
That. Is. Awesome! :cthulhudance:

Whitechapel Jack
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Whitechapel Jack » Fri May 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Aaron wrote:I just started my first CoC table, and have never been a DM of any sort in the past. We have had one session and are having our second tomorrow. There are three of us, and for the first session I was pretty loose about equipment that could have, but was very clear about consequences of trying to carry it around or use it. I allowed them to have an elephant gun, but they heeded my warnings about the issues of trying to carry it around. However, my friend rolled an engineer with a high Mechanical Repair skill, and he wants to affix the elephant gun to a motorcycle sidecar. I am going to make him roll a couple of things to see if he figured out how to do it, but have already decided that, as a way to lead their particular group into the A Little Knowledge scenario, a group of zombies will attack them in the barn they meet at, eventually setting it on fire and destroying the device. I figure I will accomodate most things that they can in any way rationalize so that the fun continues, but I will also rationalize a wide variety of ways to rob them of their ridiculous toys to keep things even keel overall.

My thought is WHY? An elephant gun is a double barreled rifle. Mounting it on anything seems a good way of making it grossly inconvenient to use....

I found the our keeper giving us a Mi-go mist projector and rapidly failing sanity and patients with him was a colorful idea..... running car chase and gun fight through Boston with Tommy guns and freeze rays and we took one look at the shogoth in the city parks pond and we just left..... let the Army handle that.