Episode 67 is going to be late

Questions, comments, quips, criticisms, suggestions & compliments regarding the podcast and this forum.
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Episode 67 is going to be late

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:07 am

It might be this weekend before I can get it out. The sound quality of my recording was really bad, so processing it to a listenable level is taking longer than I hoped.
I'm using a new system to get the background noise out of the recording, but it takes a long while to upload the files to it. https://auphonic.com/
It was created by an audio engineer, and it does a great job in processing the audio if I can supply a good enough start point. The downside is that I have to upload the files to it, which is a slow process. Like several hours slow. Eventually I want to get the desktop version of the system, but that will be something to save up for.

I'll get it to you fine folks as soon as I can. I haven't forgotten you!
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

fallingtower
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: Episode 67 is going to be late

Post by fallingtower » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:38 am

I recently got a promotion and my pod-time has been slashed from 8 hours a day to like maybe an hour.

Being a supervisor now, means I actually have to listen and pay attention....damn. :geek:
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft

Thomas R. Knutsson
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Episode 67 is going to be late

Post by Thomas R. Knutsson » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:37 pm

fallingtower wrote:I recently got a promotion and my pod-time has been slashed from 8 hours a day to like maybe an hour.

Being a supervisor now, means I actually have to listen and pay attention....damn. :geek:
Or being extremely good at faking it. ;)
In the morning, mist comes up from the sea by the cliffs beyond Kingsport. White and feathery it comes from the deep to its brothers the clouds, full of dreams of dank pastures and caves of leviathan.
-"The Strange High House in the Mist" by HPL