Share your favorite other podcasts

Questions, comments, quips, criticisms, suggestions & compliments regarding the podcast and this forum.
caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Share your favorite other podcasts

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:07 am

trevlix wrote:One podcast I've just started listening to during my runs is the No Sleep Podcast, which are horror fiction stories that are excellently done. It is a bi-weekly podcast, although if you subscribe they are moving to a weekly format. Highly recommended.
Nice! To be added!

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor
Share your favorite other podcasts

Post by Shannon Mac » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:46 am

I religiously listen to the MU podcasts and I recently discovered A History of Rome podcast which is arguably good prep for Cthulhu Invictus.

To a lesser degree I listen to these podcasts: Skype of Cthulhu for the Sunday games, Role Playing Public Radio, Murph's MoN run, Aethercon podcasts on gaming issues, Virtuacon podcasts on more gaming issues and Fear the Boot. I should qualify my statement in that I am anywhere from two weeks to years for those podcasts.

When I am finished with History of Rome I will do another. Either Revolutions or The Byzantine Empire.

I also listen to some non gaming podcasts on getting the life you want, game design and picking women up anywhere (probably not in the middle of a Yog ritual).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:21 am

Favorites right now:
Role Playing Public Radio - also tons of fun audio plays there of many systems
http://slangdesign.com/rppr/

Unspeakable Oath
http://theunspeakableoath.com/home/cate ... speakable/

Ken & Robin Talk about stuff, Lovecraft Geek at Lovecraft E-zine, H.P. Lovecraft Literary podcast, probably already mentioned.

--
Not Lovecraft but good horror gaming

Darker Days Radio (in the 20s of their episodes is a great 4 part on campaigns) - World of Darkness
http://www.darker-days.org/
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Shimmin Beg
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Shimmin Beg » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:42 pm

Just in the general gaming line, I can recommend The Adventuring Party. They cover a broad range of Irish gaming, so there's lots of con discussions that may not be widely relevant (I skip most, but sometimes I just have them on for background), reviews of card games, CCGs and so on. However, they do a lot of themed RPG discussions with 3-6 hosts, ranging from worldbuilding issues to table dynamics to GMing and playing. The format means you tend to get a lot of different opinions thrashed out, so it's interesting for exposure to different styles and preferences. Well worth mining the archives.

Odin
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Odin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:26 pm

I'm also a huge fan of Hardcore History. There's also Old Time Horror from Relic Radio.

I love the idea above about the 100 Objects in History. That's extremely inspiring.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Awesome, Odin - did not know about the old time horror podcast. I love Hardcore History!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:34 pm

Will have to check out this Irish gaming deal, Mr. Beg.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

GreatmanKing
Freshman
Freshman

Post by GreatmanKing » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:58 am

There's the Party of One Podcast, which does an array of RPG games in one-on-one one off's. The Revolution's Podcast also provides some interesting background knowledge for various places through the ages (Revolutionary France, Revolutionary Haiti, South American Revelations against the Spanish, etc.) for anyone looking for some interesting background for their historical games. The bonus is that it's done by the same guy who did the History of Rome podcast that Shannon mentioned.