Share your favorite other podcasts

Questions, comments, quips, criticisms, suggestions & compliments regarding the podcast and this forum.
1d4cast_James
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Share your favorite other podcasts

Post by 1d4cast_James » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:28 pm

If we had a decent promo, I'd send it your way. I'm going to attach your promo to our next show.
Founder and Co-Host of the 1d4Cast Podcast and 1d4Con.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:32 am

Thanks!

It does seem that promos aren't very common any more. I prefer to play something from the podcast in question, since they can put together something that has their flavor and what they want to say about their own show.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:40 am

I think it was John who mentioned Gamerstable and RFI, both good shows. My favorite 2e D&D show is THACOs Hammer and Basic edition is Save or Die. Alternate genre shows still offer good advice on plot and various game techniques.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Howard wrote:Alternate genre shows still offer good advice on plot and various game techniques.
Totally agree on that point. There's one about mostly indie storytelling games called Actual People, Actual Play that I like. Their focus is "a look at how the rules affect the fiction during play."
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Koakai
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Koakai » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:04 pm

I happen to enjoy listening to "The Gutter Skypes"(http://www.anim5.com/IDDFOS/TGS/index.html), as well as "Of Steam, Steel and Murder" (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/ ... and-murder), both of which are neat little RPG games. The Gutter Skypes have run promos for other shows before, and have a promo of their own (and typically run through a bunch of different games). I also believe that SSM also does this, but is running side games right now as the gamemaster works up the next season of his game setting.
PH.D candidate -M.U. Western Annex

Wordcraftian
Senior
Senior

Post by Wordcraftian » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:13 am

I really like Star Talk Radio with Niel DeGrasse Tyson. Astrophysics kicks ass. Also, Point of Inquiry is a great podcast for all you secular humanists out there.

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:26 pm

The Stone pages Archaeology News is a quick, yet ultra-informative listen. Pure "ear candy". :) http://www.stonepages.com/news/

Koakai
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Koakai » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Heard the show pimped on the last two episodes of 'of steam steel and murder'. ;)
PH.D candidate -M.U. Western Annex

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Cognitive Dissonance is my favorite. I've been listening since the beginning of the show and loathe missing episodes. Fair Warning: It is an atheist news contest, and they have no censorship, so it isn't one for the kids to hear, lots of cursing, and more humor.

Wordcraftian
Senior
Senior

Post by Wordcraftian » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:57 am

Robert M. Price now hosts a Lovecraftian podcast called "The Lovecraft Geek". It's modeled after his popular "The Bible Geek" podcast (he is an Atheist New Testament scholar as well as a qualified authority on H.P. Lovecraft), the format is simple question and answer and his relatively high brow commentary is chucked full of valuable insight. It's brand new with only 5 episodes out so far and I'd love to hear him answer some of the questions you guys could pour into his "Slime Barrel".